Mindjet MindManager7 Events and ObjEvent()

Hi,

while using AutoIt V3 and reading this forum for quite a while - I almost found here any answer I need - since now...

This is really a great language and a very helpful community - thanks my friends! :)

Currently I'm busy adding some functionality to Mindjets MindManager V7. Their developer documentation is more or less poor, see yourself at http://www.mindjet.com/us/devzone/7/mm7_ob...odel/index.html.

First, I would like to iterate through all existing topics of a map. See attached picture of the sample map I used.

post-28368-1203593197_thumb.jpg

To iterate through the topics, there is a "NewTopicFinder" which iterates through the branches (topics) itself and fires an event for each topic found.

Works fine with the following Visual Basic code:

CODE
Dim WithEvents Iterator As TopicFinder

Sub Main

Dim oTopic As Topic

Set oTopic = Activedocument.CentralTopic

Set Iterator = oTopic.NewTopicFinder

Iterator.Start

End Sub

Private Sub Iterator_TopicFound (oTopicFound As Topic)

MsgBox(oTopicFound.Text, vbOkOnly)

End Sub
This code returns:

• Root
  • Knot1
  • Leaf11
  • Leaf12
  • Leaf13
  • Knot2
  • Knot3
  • Leaf31
Ok, now my AutoIt translation:

CODE

#include <Constants.au3> ;Standard AutoIt constants

#include <IE.au3> ;Internet Explorer User Defined Functions

_IEErrorHandlerRegister()

Local $oMindApp = ObjCreate("MindManager.Application")

ConsoleWrite(" Name: " & $oMindApp.Name & @CRLF) ;Mindmanager 7: "Mindjet MindManager"

ConsoleWrite("Version: " & $oMindApp.ObjectModelVersion & @CRLF) ;Mindmanager 7: "7.0.1"

;Comparision with Visual Basic code starts here

Local $Events ;ObjEvent

Local $Iterator ;as TopicFinder

Local $oTopic ;as Topic

$oTopic = $oMindApp.Activedocument.CentralTopic

$Iterator = $oTopic.NewTopicFinder()

$Events = ObjEvent($Iterator, "Iterator_")

$Iterator.Start()

Exit ;of Script MM7 Iterator

Func Iterator_TopicFound($oTopicFound)

ConsoleWrite("Topic.Text: " & $oTopicFound.Text & @CRLF)

EndFunc ;of Iterator_TopicFound

Running this, I get the following output and error:

CODE
Name: Mindjet MindManager

Version: 7.0.1

--> COM Error Encountered in MM7 Iterator.au3

----> $IEComErrorScriptline = 22

----> $IEComErrorNumberHex = 00000007

----> $IEComErrorNumber = 7

----> $IEComErrorWinDescription = Failed to retrieve outgoing Event Interface from Object.

----> $IEComErrorDescription =

----> $IEComErrorSource =

----> $IEComErrorHelpFile =

----> $IEComErrorHelpContext =

----> $IEComErrorLastDllError = 0

Looks like I have to add the third parm in the ObjEvent() - but how to get the name of the interface?

The description of the third parm in the AutoIt help says: Optional name of an Event interface to use. Note: It must be a supported as outgoing for the Object AND it must be of type DISPATCH.

I also read the Obj/COM Reference for more details but wasn't able to proceed. Of course, I also would be able to scan manually through all topics, but I would like to get these stuff working. The NewTopicFinder of MindManager7 is quite powerful and supports filters etc.

Any other ideas or tips to solve the event issue?

Many thanks in advance,

Martin

I have done some MindManager scripting and I'm happy to see someone else attempting this in AutoIt.

I have not played with the TopicFinder however. I've used my own recursion routines instead.

I can reproduce the same results that you received. I don't expect there to be a syntax-oriented resolution to this.

You may want to look at another discussion here related to Outlook that ended badly http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26745 - I expect that this event interface to this MM object suffers similar limitations. As I suggested in that thread, you may want to experiment with implementing in VBScript to see if you get different/better results.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thank you Dale!

I also use my own (recursive) routine now without using the NewTopicFinder to avoid the event stuff.

You suggested (more) VB testing - something special you have in mind to get closer to an event solution (beside the working VB event solution in the original post) ?

Thanks to AutiIt - my MindManager script is now completely working. Basically it does accumulate the planned efforts (called duration in MM7) of the tasks found in the active map, and by using the completion in percent it calculates the efforts planned, done and still open for each node. The results are propagated up the tree so the root contains the sum of all tasks. For easierer tracking, a small text label is written to each node. Additionally, the calculated values are also written into an Excel sheet for easier further usage. I anchorerd the compiled script as .exe through a hyperlink at the root node, so a single click to this link now does the calculation and writes the Excel.

If completely finished (documentation), I will post this script to this thread as an MindManager example.

Martin

Beautiful. I look forward to seeing what you have done.

I didn't suggest VB testing, but rather VBScript testing. If you cannot perform a particular COM task in VBScript then it will not likely be possible in AutoIt.

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble