Bitrock installer

Adrian

Hi,

I am trying to automate the installation of an application delivered using the BitRock installation program. Au3Info (and autoit itself) can see NO INFORMATION AT ALL except the window dimensions and the title.

I have tried WinDetectHiddenText on but to no avail. No text is "visible" to autoit at all... it makes it nigh on impossible to test for specific conditions and act accordingly.

Has anyone come across anything like this before and does anyone have any advice please?

Hi,

I am trying to automate the installation of an application delivered using the BitRock installation program. Au3Info (and autoit itself) can see NO INFORMATION AT ALL except the window dimensions and the title.

I have tried WinDetectHiddenText on but to no avail. No text is "visible" to autoit at all... it makes it nigh on impossible to test for specific conditions and act accordingly.

Has anyone come across anything like this before and does anyone have any advice please?

You might want to try to do a "blind fly": Use ControlClick() to do selections and to click controls or buttons, and send("yourtext") to fill out forms.

Have a look at MouseCoordMode() to use Window Relative Clicks.

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

You might want to try to do a "blind fly": Use ControlClick() to do selections and to click controls or buttons, and send("yourtext") to fill out forms.

Have a look at MouseCoordMode() to use Window Relative Clicks.

Regards, Rudi.

Thank you Rudi, yes, I have done this but there are situations where the installer encounters conditions where it needs to prompt for user input, and other times when it does not. I need to be able to detect these.

I'm really stuck... anyone know why this bitrock installer isn't visible to autoit?

Thanks

If this is the Bit Rock InstallBuilder or another of their products, then checking their FAQs at their site may give you a silent switch to use so it just installs unattended for you. I am not sure what language the installer is made from. It seems cross platform but they say it is not Java based.

:)

• 1 year later...

I have a bitrock install file and was able to do a test.exe --help and received the following information:

Usage:

--help Display the list of valid options

--version Display product information

--optionfile <optionfile> Installation option file

Default:

--mode <mode> Installation mode

Default: win32

Allowed: win32 unattended

--debugtrace <debugtrace> Debug filename

Default:

--installer-language <installer-language> Language selection

Default: