Compiled MouseClicks miss the mark

keitht

I have a simple script to automate installation of a program. It starts the installation file and mostly uses a series of MouseClick and Sleep commands to navigate through the installation. It works perfectly until I compile it, at which time the MouseClicks don't respect the given x, y coordinates. They are close enough on large buttons, but radio buttons are missed. Is there a way around this, or a way to select a button without using the MouseClick command? I need to be able to run this script on computers that don't have AutoIt3 installed.

Thanks in advance.

Look at ControlClick in the helpfile... There's an example and everything in there...

Thanks, Achilles. ControlClick was the way to go but, unfortunately, Acronis doesn't appear to use Windows controls. Oh well, I've moved on...

Thanks again.

...It works perfectly until I compile it, at which time the MouseClicks don't respect the given x, y coordinates...

That should not happen.

Are you using MouseClicks with respect to the screen, active window, client:

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 1) ;1=absolute, 0=relative, 2=client

Sets the way coords are used in the mouse functions, either absolute coords or coords relative to the current active window:

0 = relative coords to the active window

1 = absolute screen coordinates (default)

2 = relative coords to the client area of the active window

I know that you said the you have moved on - but if you do not understand this setting within AutoIt, it could impact any future script that you write.

Welcome to the forum.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]