Always on Top attribute question

lyledg

Guys

I am trying to open a "Filopendialog" with the "always on top attribute set" so that it opens above all others, and after reading through these forums found Valik's piece of code to work quite well, except for when using it in the following manner:

GUICreate(" Appname", 700,680, @DesktopWidth/2-340, @DesktopHeight/2-380,-1, 0x00000218); WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES, $WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE

Func FileODialog ()
Opt("WinWaitDelay", 1)
WinActivate(AutoItWinGetTitle())
WinSetState(AutoItWinGetTitle(), "", @SW_HIDE)
$file = FileOpenDialog("Choose file...", @ScriptDir & "\Jobs","All (*.cmd)")

EndFunc

Etc..

Problem I am having is because the GUICreate is set to 0x00000218 (WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES, $WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE), any window I open after the GUI is created, will always appear behind it. How do I overcome this?

Using WinSetState does not seem to work for me.

Also, I am trying to do the same for a *.CHM (help file) to have the same attribute when launched, but having the same result..

PS: The GUICreate HAS to have the $WS_EX_TOPMOST set, As the user needs to drag and drop files to this window

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Edited by lyledg

Uh..Thanks Larry..I think? ;)

How do I go about getting around this problem then? I need to have the initial GUI set with the Topmost attribute, (the user needs to drag and drop files to it) and any other windows that are opened subsequently need to be on top of the 1st GUI?

Sorry to be pain in asking so many questions... :idiot:

:D:lol: