How did I do it?

Aassdd

I'm just wondering how I did it/what I pressed and that code appeared.

I think it's either Enter or Tab to Auto-complete but it's in the Scite documentation.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

@GEOSoft

I feel like I am having a enlightning day today. :)

Try this :

cw

and then CTRL + B

Etc ....

Regards

ptrex

Didn't feel like looking it up. I don't as a rule use Scite so I went from memory which is bad at the best of times. :)

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

@GEOSoft

What' s your alternative ?

regards,

ptrex

I use several editors. My favorite is still EditPad but I also use Crimson, Note tab, NotePad Plus and a few others. I've used Scite in the past (full version) and there is nothing really wrong with it, I just don't favor it. I prefer that the only feature I have is Indenting. To me the rest (syntax coloring, highlighting &etc.) is just crap that I can do without.

George

• Developers

I prefer that the only feature I have is Indenting. To me the rest (syntax coloring, highlighting &etc.) is just crap that I can do without.

tsk...tsk ...

You are forgetting other very useful functions like the AutoComplete which makes coding sooooooo much faster and less typos !!!

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

tsk...tsk ...

You are forgetting other very useful functions like the AutoComplete which makes coding sooooooo much faster and less typos !!!

I knew if I waited long enough that you would show up. :) When I mentioned the full version of Scite I meant the full version of Scite, not the full version of Scite4AutoIt3. Besides who makes typos?

Also, you of all people are well aware that I still have Scite4AutoIt3 set as the alternate editor in PX. My problem is the same as always, I use editors which are good in more than one or two languages and when you work in more than one, things like color coding (Crayola editors) just get confusing. "Hmmmmmmm , what shade of green IS that???" or the really good "Is that a very dark blue or is it really black??".

I'm happy if it indents the code properly. I get really annoyed when I have indenting rules set in one editor and then open a file in another and the indenting rules are different. Also when Auto-complete doesn't like what I'm typing (after all, what the he** does Auto-complete know about my intentions?). I insist on being different from the average and, by all the controversy I've started over the years, I seem to be succeeding at that.

Okay, 'nuff said. You have done a splendid job with Scite and I've stated that in the past too. I still have preferences which have also been the source of some controversy in bygone days. Gotta luv it!!!! :)

George

• Developers

I knew if I waited long enough that you would show up. :)

I knew this would trigger a more balanced reply... :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I knew this would trigger a more balanced reply... :)

You've never seen me state that Scite4AutoIt3 was not great, only that it's not my preference, for reasons stated too many times already. Someday I MAY find a good reason why no one should ever use it, but I seriously doubt that. Remember that some of my preferences were established before you had discovered Scite. Besides, it's an established fact that I like to stir the pot on the odd occasion.

George

• Developers

You've never seen me state that Scite4AutoIt3 was not great, only that it's not my preference, for reasons stated too many times already. Someday I MAY find a good reason why no one should ever use it, but I seriously doubt that. Remember that some of my preferences were established before you had discovered Scite. Besides, it's an established fact that I like to stir the pot on the odd occasion.

I know George... you don't have to defend yourself here and everybody is free to use whatever they prefer to use.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.