Encoding

I'm creating a program (very big, been working on it for a few weeks)

I want to have it so they can use it partially, but need to register for complete access.

I don't want a simple registry key or a password because that can easily be copied from one computer to another.

The script takes the @UserName and encodes it using the version number for the password.

They e-mail me the string the script gives them. I decode and encode this sctring using $MyPassword for the password. They enter it into the script, the script puts it in the registry.

Each time they use the script it makes sure that when it is decoded using $MyPassword it = @UserName

My question is, how can this be done?

Edited by Wolvereness

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

Seek the forum for RC4 encrypter.

But I dislike your idea, if a guy start with a different account will be forced to register again... and btw, why making a shareware program?

The best probably is encode the MAC address of the machine, or some other hardware device like the video card.

Seek the forum for RC4 encrypter.

But I dislike your idea, if a guy start with a different account will be forced to register again... and btw, why making a shareware program?

The best probably is encode the MAC address of the machine, or some other hardware device like the video card.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll search for the RC4 encrypter (hopefully a .dll that can be combined with autoit?)

I have it set to account name because the people using it (from a school) may not change their name bacause they have to physically go legally register to a different name with the US Government...

Another problem is that hardware and system specs are constantly changing because of computer problems. If they save the e-mail and use same name then they will never lose their registration code =)

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

Why not just have an online database? Or something of that sort so they dont have to wait on you?

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

~~~$~~~

I dont think it would cost you that much. Do you know any web languages?

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

No, I only know HTML and javascript. (I don't really consider those web languages)

Ah they are basic web languages. HTML is the basis of the internet.

Javascript could possibly do what you wanted, but you would have to be an expert.

ASP, PHP, ColdFusion would be one of the languages that you would need.

:-/ Oh well,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Ah they are basic web languages. HTML is the basis of the internet.

Javascript could possibly do what you wanted, but you would have to be an expert.

ASP, PHP, ColdFusion would be one of the languages that you would need.

:-/ Oh well,

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How could Javascript do this? It can´t. Javascript just runs on your computer, not on the webserver.

[quote name='d2hacker88' date='Jan 6 2005, 05:10 PM']Can someone please help me out with autoit like gimme a link on how to use it cause i have no experience with computer languages and i'd like to make a program with autoit in order to empress my computer teacher.[right][snapback]52215[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Yes it runs commands on local machine, and can request stuff from a remote server/database.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that I am not.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

if you want to do it in PHP, you could do some creative coding. First you could have it log in, or post some info up, such as

$variable="MAC Address=1A4322342"; you get the idea

inetget("http://mysite.com/phptest.php?"&$variable)

Now the fun part. You have PhP look up the address in a text file or something, if it matches, return it encrypted in some way, if not, return junk encrypted.

Easy encryption, Take the passphrase "This will work"

use the current date as the modifier.

take the Asc of the first letter and multiply it by the date, then multiply that by the asc of the next letter and so on.

You can do more, but this is an easy test that you can get AutoIt and PhP to spit out quickly.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

I'm just going to make my own encoding script (more of a scrambler then an encoder)

It will just use the password then take each character inside and perform a function to the string depending on the order of the characters in the password.

(gonna be a project, just have to think of different things for each character...)