Download Wildcards?

Dalarn

Darn that is too bad. I have a place I would love to get all the file names in a downloads folder to download all the files and the best way I could think of is to use wild cards though I have another way I can do it :idiot:

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

You can partially do this using wget, but you need to have admin access to the site.

You don't need to have admin access.

wget does exactly what I mentioned:

You have to write a parser that reads the html file and extracts all the links in it. Then you can decide which links you download.

Ah yes.. I suppose that would work if I want the pages, I will check see if it works on actual downloads. Which I am sure it probably does. I had forgotten about that. I had ran into it a while back.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Ah yes.. I suppose that would work if I want the pages, I will check see if it works on actual downloads. Which I am sure it probably does. I had forgotten about that. I had ran into it a while back.

wget will suck pretty much everything from a server given a link that points it to the content (and of course you gave the correct cmd line options). wget -m is pretty nice. Or wget -r. But if you don't limit what it's supposed to download it would take years for it to finish even with a fast line and given that you've got unlimited disk space... There's more data on the servers then one can imagine.

It cannot download files if it doesn't know they exist, of course (that's why wildcards are impossible) but that's for every program.

Hrm I tried using the GUI and I didnt get anything I will try again later when I have more time to read up on it and such.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

I was able to do this once at a site that had hundreds of

zip files named as "number.zip". I made the script

start at the lowest number and fired it off til I got

bored watching it download all those zips .... bad thing was,

then I had to write yet another script to unzip all those files :idiot:

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?

I do have WinRAR ... but to answer your question ...

Maybe because I enjoy writing code?

I had the program doing everything for me automatically

It downloaded the zip files, extracted the zip files, and

finally deleted the zip files. I didn't exactly need those zips ...

just wanted to see if it could be done

Edited by psichosis

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?