MD5 of file

GAM

MD5 checksum ?

If yes, then yes, there are atleast 5 UDF's as i know of one where you need an external DLL and one without.

Sorry though i dont have links, but they are here inn the example section, and btw posts like these dont belong inn this section.

Edited by jokke
UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

• 1 month later...

I believe the DLL in that link gives the hash of a string. This topic is regarding the hash of a FILE. Any info on that? I'd like to know how to get the hash of a file as well. I'm having trouble finding it as all the results are regarding hashing strings.

The link posted by i486 can produce both a hash for a string, and for a file. Take a look at the MD5 example file.

[font="Verdana"]People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Benard Shaw[/font]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841290

you can use that program along with some thing like this in autoit

if you download that program and use that it will perform a recursive scan of md5s in C:\

#include <Constants.au3>
$SearchPath = "C:\"
$pid = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "fciv.exe " & '"' & $SearchPath & '" -r', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
Do
        $Output &= StdoutRead($pid)
    Until @error

The link posted by i486 can produce both a hash for a string, and for a file. Take a look at the MD5 example file.

Oh, that example is confusing because he is getting a hash of the MD5Hash.dll file... For whatever reason when I saw that I assumed it was pointing to the dll file needed to perform the hash of the string. I believe I understand now. If I do, then it looks like if you want the hash of a string the first parameter is the string to hash, then 2. If you want the hash of a file it is the file path, and then 1. What is the True parameter for?

Here is what is in the comments for the plug-in:

This function should return a hash of the chosen file or string.

Accepts 3 parameters:

MD5Hash(string StringFile, int HashType[, bool ReturnCase])

MD5Hash("filename.exe", 1[, 0])

MD5Hash("This is a string", 2[, 0])

1st Parameter = The file or string you wish to return a hash value of.

2nd Parameter = Type of hash to be performed. (File or String)

3rd Parameter = Uppercase (true) or Lowercase (false) return string. **Optional**

The same can be applied for the SHAHash as well.

Hope this helps :D

Edited by TheCuz

[font="Verdana"]People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Benard Shaw[/font]