Pretty Simple Ping Question

I hope it is a pretty simple question :D

I was pinging stuff and need to know when the host is offline, so it seems that the first Error is what I am looking for but I don't understand what it means by

Host is unreachable (ok so how is it unreachable offline bad ping?) I need to know what it means by that I thought it would be a bad destination but seems there is already an Error for that. :)

Host is offline.

Host is unreachable.

Bad destination.

Other Errors.

I am tired forgive me. ;) I am more or less looking for the person to lose their connection sounds like a evil script but its not its far from that.

Edited by JellyFish666

I hope it is a pretty simple question :)

I was pinging stuff and need to know when the host is offline, so it seems that the first Error is what I am looking for but I don't understand what it means by

Host is unreachable (ok so how is it unreachable offline bad ping?)

Host unreachable means that no route can be found to the host you try to PING. Basically this means the host cannot be contacted from the host you run your script on. The PINGed host might be up or down, it doesn't tell anything about the up down status of the destination host.

I am tired.

Go to bed and catch some sleep ;)

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Host unreachable means that no route can be found to the host you try to PING. Basically this means the host cannot be contacted from the host you run your script on. The PINGed host might be up or down, it doesn't tell anything about the up down status of the destination host.

Go to bed and catch some sleep :D

Regards, Rudi.

I understand now I didn't see that in the help file did you discover that using trial and error like I always do ;) or website.

Edited by JellyFish666