Avoid AutoIt Error MessageBox

When running au3 script which has a syntax error (something like that):

$AutoItPID = Run($InstallDir & '\AutoIt3.exe "' & $Path & '"', "", Default, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD + $STDERR_CHILD)

Then the AutoIt raise a message box that indicate the error line.

I know that the error came from the interpretor and not from SCITE since the script is not running from SCITE.

How to avoid this error? I am running many scripts one after one and the message box is blocking from running the other scripts to run....

Aternatively, I would prefer to configure time out to that message box.

BTW: The InstallDir path Use the beta version (3.2.11.1).

post-12932-1203960212_thumb.jpg

Edited by lsakizada

Be Green Now or Never (BGNN)!

BTW: The InstallDir path Use the beta version (3.2.11.1).

Which version of AutoIt is running the script? as the below function example results with no error output and just sets @error in AutoIt v3.2.11.1.

Run('I_Do_Not_exist.exe')
ConsoleWrite(@error & @CRLF)

Edit:

If it is a syntax error in the executed script run by the beta, then you may need to run Au3Check on that script to work out what the error is. You may also look at using /ErrorStdOut on the script and see if that prevents the Msgbox appearing.

Edited by MHz

Which version of AutoIt is running the script? as the below function example results with no error output and just sets @error in AutoIt v3.2.11.1.

Run('I_Do_Not_exist.exe')
ConsoleWrite(@error & @CRLF)

Edit:

If it is a syntax error in the executed script run by the beta, then you may need to run Au3Check on that script to work out what the error is. You may also look at using /ErrorStdOut on the script and see if that prevents the Msgbox appearing.

Versions:

Autoiit: 3.2.10.0

AutoIt Beta: 3.2.11.1

the flag /ErrorStdOut does not prevent this error.

A one or two beta built was just fine and no error was displayed.

Something has changed?

to get the error just run this trivial syntax error:

DD=

kkk

I still need help on this matter. Thanks.

Edited by lsakizada

to get the error just run this trivial syntax error:

So what is the problem? if you are using a script code that have syntax errors, you should expect a syntax error message :).

Just fix the errors, and you should not have any messages.

From the image i can only tell that the code inside Header1_main.au3 script have syntax errors.

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

So what is the problem? if you are using a script code that have syntax errors, you should expect a syntax error message :).

Just fix the errors, and you should not have any messages.

From the image i can only tell that the code inside Header1_main.au3 script have syntax errors.

Well I worked around this issue through AU3Check.exe.

thanks