2 Questions

I'm thinking you have not read the help file one bit. Give it a read. Second, try searching the forum. Third, captcha is used to keep stuff from being automated. Why do you need to automate something that needs to use captcha? Odds are the webmaster put it in for a reason.

I have 2 questions

1) How can you generate random letters and #'s in the same line

2) Can autoit make captcha or read it??

Thank you

Not sure if this is what you mean for Q1

$string = ''
For $n = 1 To 8;for an 8 character string
    $done = False
    Do
        $try = Random(49, 99, 1)
        Switch $try
            Case Asc("a") To Asc("z"), Asc("A") To Asc("Z"), Asc("0") To Asc("9")
                $done = True
        EndSwitch

Until $done
    $string &= Chr($try)
Next
MsgBox(0, 'random string is', $string)

Q2. You could distort the string some way by writing it to a graphic then changing the bitmap by distorting it somehow to make it difficult for a computer to understand it. The other way round is beyond me.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Yea martin, I think that is pretty much what he meant, all he really wanted was to have the auto it post a random string of letters and numbers.

The only reason you'd want something that posts random and reads captcha though is so that you could make mass e-mail accounts, I would make sure what he's going to use this on first before helping too much. Not too mention it doesn't look like he looked through the helpfile. I'm not trying to be mean, just careful.

Edited by uPod