Howto change cursor's size in a Win98 Command Box

rudi

Hello,

for using an old program written in Turbo Pascal, text based DOS Program running in a Win98 command box (window, not full screen) I need to increase the size of the cursor: Cursor Size currently is jus one pixel high. That's very close to invisible (VNC access to that PC at home from the Internet)

I found a small program CURSOR.COM (utilities from WPDOS) that successfully does change the cursor's size, but as soon as from this dos box the TP program is started the cursor again is just one pixel high. :)

In Win2000 and above the cursor's size can be changed as a property of the currently running CMD box, so might be some DLL or API call can do the same for Windows 9x as well...

Any suggestions howto for Win98se? As I need to use a Autoit starting script anyways it would be perfect to do this a setting from Autoit, but if somebody knows a different approach to alter the cursor's size of a given DOS box this would be fine as well ...

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Hi.

May I pls. bump this question -- is there some DLL call for Win98 to modify the dos boxes cursor size, like it's possible through the properties of a opened DOS BOX in Win2k e.g.? Or any other way to solve this challenge?

Thanks for any suggestions, Rudi.

Hello,

for using an old program written in Turbo Pascal, text based DOS Program running in a Win98 command box (window, not full screen) I need to increase the size of the cursor: Cursor Size currently is jus one pixel high. That's very close to invisible (VNC access to that PC at home from the Internet)

I found a small program CURSOR.COM (utilities from WPDOS) that successfully does change the cursor's size, but as soon as from this dos box the TP program is started the cursor again is just one pixel high. :)

In Win2000 and above the cursor's size can be changed as a property of the currently running CMD box, so might be some DLL or API call can do the same for Windows 9x as well...

Any suggestions howto for Win98se? As I need to use a Autoit starting script anyways it would be perfect to do this a setting from Autoit, but if somebody knows a different approach to alter the cursor's size of a given DOS box this would be fine as well ...

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!