is there a web site grabber

I am working with a HTTPS site that is writen in C# and they actually locked it down by hiding all the tool bars in the explorer window so I can't even view the Source, and it does not appear to be stored in temporary internet files. oh and they won't let anything but IE 6 SP-1 launch the page.

On this page is a combobox that appears to be populated when the page first loads. I need to be able to export/save what is in that combobox to a file so I can search it later in my script. I am hoping that someone knows of a way for AutoIT to trap the information that is being loaded or possibly a third party software that would do this.

if this helps the data retrieval is done with something called SOAP

Thanks for any assistance,

Mike

You might try using a different webbrowser, or have some anti popup software for IE.

Mozilla for instance is nice and has ways of stopping sites from hiding information. I use Firebird, and there is a great extention that gives more information than you could possibly use.

mozilla.org (free)

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html

WebDeveloper extention (free)

https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/morei...n=firefox&id=60

Basically the web developer is an add on toolbar that has over 100 options, you can see form data, pics, change CSS on the fly, resize, outline, and view the source of the page, the frame, or even the highlighted section.

Mozilla has lots of options to stop popups, and scripts that disable rightmouse clicking and such. Even in popup windows, the hotkeys should still work, so they can remove the titlebar and everything else but there are ways of grabbing that stuff.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

You might try using a different webbrowser, or have some anti popup software for IE.

Mozilla for instance is nice and has ways of stopping sites from hiding information. I use Firebird, and there is a great extention that gives more information than you could possibly use.

mozilla.org (free)

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html

WebDeveloper extention (free)

https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/morei...n=firefox&id=60

Basically the web developer is an add on toolbar that has over 100 options, you can see form data, pics, change CSS on the fly, resize, outline, and view the source of the page, the frame, or even the highlighted section.

Mozilla has lots of options to stop popups, and scripts that disable rightmouse clicking and such.  Even in popup windows, the hotkeys should still work, so they can remove the titlebar and everything else but there are ways of grabbing that stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mozilla was my first try but the site will only load if you are using IE 6 SP-1 It's just a blank screen othwise.

Mozilla was my first try but the site will only load if you are using IE 6 SP-1  It's just a blank screen othwise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you try and view source on that blank screen? (Just an Idea)

Cant think of anything else currently...

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

It could be the UserAgent string that gets checked by the server and returns a different page for every browser. But firefox is able to send any string you want. You just have to figure out where in the options it is or which extension you need. I never had any use for this feature.

I think I am just going to use AutoIt to get my downloads :idiot: I will parse the files and make a text file of downloads. :D

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Right click menu comes up. Why does that matter?

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

It could be the UserAgent string that gets checked by the server and returns a different page for every browser. But firefox is able to send any string you want. You just have to figure out where in the options it is or which extension you need. I never had any use for this feature.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that extension would be "Firesomething" and is available by clicking on the link provided.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Well you can not right click on the window, it does nothing.

I tried the Avantbrowser and I now have my tool bars and the page loads correctly but when I view the source the combobox info is not listed there. This is driving me nuts... :idiot:

I think I am going to try a packet sniffer program to see if I can trap and put back together the information that is transmitted when the page first opens.

Thanks for the input

Mike

Well you can not right click on the window, it does nothing.

I tried the Avantbrowser and I now have my tool bars and the page loads correctly but when I view the source the combobox info is not listed there.  This is driving me nuts...  :idiot:

I think I am going to try a packet sniffer program to see if I can trap and put back together the information that is transmitted when the page first opens.

Thanks for the input

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Free, open source Packet Sniffer: http://www.ethereal.com/ Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache