Dial GUI (needle gauge)

matrix200

This is a script for drawing a dial with a needle for displaying various numeric data.

Thanks go to bobneumann for the original idea and implementation!

This is still work in progress , while the final goal is UDF with gauge drawing functions (will all kinds of customizations ) as well as functions for updating the needle position.

This is implemented using Gdiplus UDF .

Things to do in the short run :

1. Make a single function to draw a dial window with all parameters (including size , labels inside the dial etc)

2. Make a single function to update the dial (change needle position , update labels inside etc)

3. Hook the repaint event for proper refreshing of the gui after being overlapped or minimized

Yes I know refreshing works as is because there is a loop redrawing it .

It is not proper way though since the goal is to have the dial on self service so we can do other stuff with the GUI.

Comments , contributions to the code etc are welcome :)

dial.au3

Edited by matrix200

• 3 weeks later...

This is a script for drawing a dial with a needle for displaying various numeric data.

Thanks go to bobneumann for the original idea and implementation!

This is still work in progress , while the final goal is UDF with gauge drawing functions (will all kinds of customizations ) as well as functions for updating the needle position.

This is implemented using Gdiplus UDF .

Things to do in the short run :

1. Make a single function to draw a dial window with all parameters (including size , labels inside the dial etc)

2. Make a single function to update the dial (change needle position , update labels inside etc)

3. Hook the repaint event for proper refreshing of the gui after being overlapped or minimized

Yes I know refreshing works as is because there is a loop redrawing it .

It is not proper way though since the goal is to have the dial on self service so we can do other stuff with the GUI.

Comments , contributions to the code etc are welcome :)

I love it. I ended up writing the functionality I wanted into a Google gadget, which uses Javascript to look up the values and Google code to rotate a graphic of a needle to the desired position. But I'd MUCH rather do it in AutoIT and have a standalone app and complete control. Thanks again. Perhaps together we can create something we both want.

Bob