Execute commands out of an array

Hi, I've looked thru the forums for this but cannot find it, so logged in to post a question:

I have a pretty stock app that I run a few instances of and send a few key sequences to. So I'd like to "embed" commands in an array and then have them run as though they were code. Here's my source for this:

Local $handle[$instances][$steps]=[ ["",ControlClick("","","[ID:1034]"),"","",""], _    ; Window Handle, Button to Click - ID, key sequence to choose for database, Affimation, Choose Printer
                                    ["",ControlClick("","","[ID:1040]"),"","",""] ]oÝ÷ ٩ݶ¥¢l~ð«HßÙ¢)àjëh×6;
; Fire up the meditech sessions... Move them around so they are pretty ;)
;
;_Meditech_LogAction("Starting 2 instances of Meditech")
for $i = 0 to ($instances-1)
    Run($application)
    WinWaitActive("Meditech Health Care Information System")
    $handle[$i][1] = WinGetHandle("Meditech Health Care Information System")
    writeOut($handle[$i][1],$workArea&$workFile) ; so we can close the files later.
    if Mod(10+$i,2) = 0 then
        WinMove($handle[$i][1],"",$i*100,0)
    Else
        WinMove($handle[$i][1],"",-100+$i*100,300)
    EndIf
    ; using local Meditech_Login...
    Meditech_Login($handle[$i][1],"user","pass","","Lookup") ; 
Next

for $i = 0 to ($instances-1)
    for $j = 1 to ($steps-1)
        WinActivate($handle[$i][1])
        $handle[$i][$j] ; Can code be run like this?  doesn't seem it, keeps erroring out, but should ask.
        ; Check for incorrect windows, etc.

Next
next

Hopefully it makes sense. I wish to actually run a

ControlClick("","","[iD:1034]")

where I'm referenceing $handle[$i][$j], but the error I get is an assignment error. This does make sense, so is there a way to use the variables in AutoIT to actually hold AutoIT commands?

• 4 months later...

I have this sorted, I thought I should post it - maybe someone else can use this:

I've deleted a lot of this - the idea should be useable though.

#Include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#Include <Date.au3>
#include "Meditech.au3"; Include our list of Standard Meditech Functions.  This one is modified to take care of Window Handles.

Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1); I like to know what line the script is on when it's all locked up or whatnot.
Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1); Keeping things clean and simple.  Declare vars at top of script.

; Subtract 1 day from today - this is for correct naming of the reports.
Local $sNewDate, $sYear, $sMon, $sDay, $sDateStamp
$sNewDate = _DateAdd( 'd',-1, _NowCalcDate())
$sYear=StringLeft($sNewDate,4)
$sNewDate=StringTrimLeft($sNewDate,5); remove year and slash
$sMon=StringLeft($sNewDate,2); 2 digit month
$sNewDate=StringTrimLeft($sNewDate,3); remove month and slash
$sDay=StringLeft($sNewDate,2)
$sDateStamp = $sYear & $sMon & $sDay

; Variables
; 
Local $basePath="\\file_srv\CIS-Interface\SP_Com~1\", $Button="[ID:1036]", $menuClass="[CLASS:#32768]",  $handlesFile="C:\scratch\winHandles.txt"
Local $handle[8][4]=[   ["","{DOWN}{DOWN}{ENTER}","{DOWN}{ENTER}",$basePath&"SP_C_Kal_Open_"&$sDateStamp&".txt"], _                                 ; Window Handle,  Open Accounts, K Database, Output File
                        ["","{DOWN}{DOWN}{ENTER}","{ENTER}",$basePath&"Open_"&$sDateStamp&".txt"], _                                        ; Window Handle,  Open Accounts, H Database
                        ["","{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{ENTER}","{DOWN}{ENTER}{ENTER}{F12}",$basePath&"_BD_"&$sDateStamp&".txt"], _             ; Window Handle, BD Accounts, K Database
                        ["","{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{ENTER}","{ENTER}{ENTER}{F12}",$basePath&"BD_"&$sDateStamp&".txt"], _                        ; Window Handle,  BD Accounts, H Database
                        ["","{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{ENTER}","{DOWN}{ENTER}{ENTER}{F12}",$basePath&"_Resolved_"&$sDateStamp&".txt"], _ ; Window Handle,  Resolved Accounts, K Database
                        ["","{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{ENTER}","{ENTER}{ENTER}{F12}",$basePath&"SP_C_Resolved_"&$sDateStamp&".txt"], _           ; Window Handle,  Resolved Accounts, H Database
                        ["","{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{ENTER}","{DOWN}{ENTER}{ENTER}{F12}",$basePath&"SP_C_Transaction_"&$sDateStamp&".txt"], _    ; Window Handle,  SP Transactions, K Database
                        ["","{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{ENTER}","{ENTER}{ENTER}{F12}",$basePath&"SP_C_Transaction_"&$sDateStamp&".txt"]  ]; Window Handle, Transactions, H Database

Local $application="C:\Program Files\Meditech\MagicCS\Client\VMAGIC.EXE"; full path of Meditech - abstract this out if possible.

If Not($filesCreated) Then
;
; Fire up the meditech sessions... Move them around so they are pretty;)
;
_Meditech_LogAction("Starting 8 instances of Meditech")
for $i = 0 to 7
    Run($application)
    WinWaitActive("Meditech Health Care Information System")
    $handle[$i][0] = WinGetHandle("Meditech Health Care Information System")
    writeOut($handle[$i][0],$handlesFile); so we can close the files later.
    if Mod(10+$i,2) = 0 then
        WinMove($handle[$i][0],"",$i*100,0)
    Else
        WinMove($handle[$i][0],"",-100+$i*100,300)
    EndIf
; using our local Meditech_Login, not the one from the au3... it's kinda crappy.
    Meditech_Login($handle[$i][0],"username","pa$$word","","Lookup"); 
Next