How to detect 3rd party error window?

How do I detect a error window when it is triggered and takes priority (won't let you click or interface with main app).

The error window comes from Windows Media Player Object, not from my AutoIt code.

I have a autoit media player (using Window Media Player backend). I am error testing it. I add a currupt file to the media library and load it and attempt to run it to see how the app handles it.

The WMP error window pops up saying it is not the right file type etc. When it does, the autoit app seems to stop/wait for response.

I am unable to detect the window, I have tried WinExsist, WinActive etc. none of which work because as soon as the error window appears, the checker script is paused?

I'd prefer to detect the error message window, log the currupt file and close the error window and so on (it's an automation software).

My AutoIt Scripts.- AutoHost and Password Enabler for Delta Force 2 Demo.| Caffine for Winamp 2.9x and WRS 2.0 | mp3 directory cleaner | CRAP DJ | A:B:J Radio Automation Software | FFMPEG batch conversion automator

cyanidemonkey

Mayb this?

HotKeySet("{Pause}", "_Exit")

Dim $title = "Проигрыватель Windows Media" ;Change title to needing to you :)
Dim $TimerProc

$DllHandle = DllCallbackRegister("_CheckWindow", "int", "")
$TimerProc = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SetTimer", "hwnd", 0, "int", 0, "int", 1000, "ptr", DllCallbackGetPtr($DllHandle))

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func _CheckWindow()
    If WinExists("[Title:" & $title & "; Class:#32770]") Then
        WinKill("[Title:" & $title & "; Class:#32770]")
        MsgBox(48, "Warning", "Error window is exists")
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func _Exit()
    DllCallbackFree($DllHandle)
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "KillTimer", "hwnd", 0, "uint", $TimerProc[0])
    Exit
EndFunc
:)