_GUICtrlListView Get problem

Champak

I know this is simple but it's flying over me. I switched from using GUICtrlCreateList to using _GUICtrlListView_Create because I needed to display two columns. The problem now is that I can't click (highlight) an element and retrieve something based on the name I highlighted....because I don't know how with this function (I couldn't figure it out in the help file). So how do I do that?...retrieve the text of the highlighted element in the first column?

• Moderators

None of these (along with many many other "get" functions) work for your needs?

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextArray

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Ha, the ONE that I didn't look at was the one. I did the GetItemText, but that didn't work for me, and didn't do the GetItemTextArray, because of how the help said it worked...but I didn't try the GetItemTextString, and that worked sort of. It isn't really doing what I want because it is returning the whole row, but I guess I can use stringreplace I believe to fix that. So I'll go ahead and try that.

You can use all the functions from _guictrllistview UDF to work with the normal listview (guictrlcreatelist) by using this :

$listhndl = GUICtrlGetHandle($playlist);CHANGE THIS WITH THE HANDLE OF THE NORMAL LISTVIEW CTRL
_GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($listhndl)

Hope it helps :) !

Edited by LIMITER

You can use all the functions from _guictrllistview UDF to work with the normal listview (guictrlcreatelist) by using this :

$listhndl = GUICtrlGetHandle($playlist);CHANGE THIS WITH THE HANDLE OF THE NORMAL LISTVIEW CTRL
_GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($listhndl)

Hope it helps :) !

You don't need to do that for the functions to work with the built-in control

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Is there a better way of doing this?

$String = _StringReverse(_GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString($SongListView))
            $String = _StringReverse(StringTrimLeft($String, StringInStr($String, "|", 2, 1)))

if you need to get the text from one column of the listview just use _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText. It will work if you use it correctly.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

OK, I figured this way

msgbox(0,0,_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($SongListView, _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectionMark($SongListView))

It seems to work...haven't really ran it through it's passes and scenarios, but is the the way you were referring to as the "correct" way?

• Moderators

Is there a better way of doing this?

$String = _StringReverse(_GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString($SongListView))
            $String = _StringReverse(StringTrimLeft($String, StringInStr($String, "|", 2, 1)))
Do you have an actual example string without the "_StringReverse"?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I don't know what you mean, but what I did in post 8 is working well for me...and it is without "_StringReverse". Thanks.

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($SongListView, _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectionMark($SongListView))

...Unless I shouldn't be doing it like this.?.?.

Edited by Champak