Thanks, SmOke_N, for your "personal decompiler" hint.

rudi

Hello,

as the other thread was closed immediately again I have to say thank you this way ;)

Thanks for your solution!

Just to offer a simple solution so everyone quits getting out of line with this question... You can create your own decompile method simple.

At the top of your script, just use FileInstall() to act as your decompiler, when you pass your password via the command line, and it's correct, then allow the script to be installed in the destination you choose.

Example:

AutoItIf $CMDLINE[0] Then
    If $CMDLINE[1] == "MYPASSWORD" Then
        FileInstall("ThisSCript.au3", @ScriptDir & "\DecompiledScript.au3")
    EndIf
EndIf
Just to know for the older scripts I already compiled with that "decompilation allowed, password required": This wasn't safe (the password protection)? Then I will have to recompile all of them :)

BTW: how "crack-safe" is that example you have given?

One more thing: I can't see why the developers get so upset for a question upon some Autoit feature[1]. Did I use the wrong words? (I honestly didn't mention to be unfriendly in any way. English is not my Mothertongue...)

Thanks, Rudi.

[1] Closing such harmless threads immediatly with "we don't want that discussion"...

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Hello,

as the other thread was closed immediately again I have to say thank you this way ;)

Thanks for your solution!

Just to know for the older scripts I already compiled with that "decompilation allowed, password required": This wasn't safe (the password protection)? Then I will have to recompile all of them :)

BTW: how "crack-safe" is that example you have given?

One more thing: I can't see why the developers get so upset for a question upon some Autoit feature[1]. Did I use the wrong words? (I honestly didn't mention to be unfriendly in any way. English is not my Mothertongue...)

Thanks, Rudi.

[1] Closing such harmless threads immediatly with "we don't want that discussion"...

A simple search for decompile would have found many threads that have been locked because decompile is not supported in AutoIt and most of the people that want to use it, want it to decompile someone elses code.

Simple solution = Close decompile threads.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

Listen, This subject is beaten to dead several times before so please seach and read and stop making thread on this topic.

As I said: discussion closed and thread as well.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)