Help with Splash screen

Digi

I wonder if it is a way to not having the splash showing in the start-menu-bar ?

Thanks to martin I figured out a way! :D

Replace

$GUI = GUICreate("Digi's Splash", $width, $height, @DesktopWidth-$width, @DesktopHeight-$height-35, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED)

With

$hide = GUICreate("hide")
$GUI = GUICreate("Digi's Splash", $width, $height, @DesktopWidth-$width, @DesktopHeight-$height-35, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED, $hide)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Replace

$GUI = GUICreate("Digi's Splash", $width, $height, @DesktopWidth-$width, @DesktopHeight-$height-35, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED)

With

$GUI = GUICreate("Digi's Splash", $width, $height, @DesktopWidth-$width, @DesktopHeight-$height-35, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED, $hide)
hahaha sorry never saw the post yesterday :D i prefer having the icon there myself but yea for those that want it its useful :) THX simphax.

OH I got hold of the developer of reshack and asked him about the PNG issue, Direct quote "NO it cant" i asked if there was any way to store the PNG, there are before anyone bites my head off, BUT when the PNG is loaded into a resource using reshack, reshack changes the image into a BMP based image, which for my use is a step backwards.

He did however point me to a friend of his that was working on a similar program that apparently has alot more freedome including full length AVI adding and he said that the one big thing he was working on is PNG and maintainging a PNG format in the file its embedded. I got hold of him and he said his app is freeware so im looking at how to get it and AutoIT working together. So looks like im 1 step closer to the embedding files thing.

Edit: Oh BTW The reason im not using the BMP approach i was looking at when i first started was Purely Quality, I can have a much higher quality image with alpha blending etc with a PNG where i cant have on a BMP, the BMP or JPEG for that matter always come out pixelated along the edges which im trying to avoid.

Edited by Digi

Saru Mo Ki Kara Ochiru[u]Direct Translation[/u]: Even monkeys will fall from trees.[u]I.E.:[/u] To Error is HumanMy Splash Screen applet: Splash Screen Coding

Hey Guys / Girls i have looked at a ton of stuff, All the things continually convert the images PNG to a BMP like format, Filling in the Blank areas of the image with the Edge colors of the image loaded.

Im still going through it though to try organise how to do a embedded form of this lil applet.

Im also still looking at a lil GUI option to do all the setting up and everything, I have just been seriously sick and havent spent much time on it.

But nice to see peeps enjoying the applet so far L:D

Keep checking for updates :D

Saru Mo Ki Kara Ochiru[u]Direct Translation[/u]: Even monkeys will fall from trees.[u]I.E.:[/u] To Error is HumanMy Splash Screen applet: Splash Screen Coding

Replace

With

Why not this?

$GUI = GUICreate("Digi's Splash", $width, $height, @DesktopWidth-$width, @DesktopHeight-$height-35, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW + $WS_EX_LAYERED)

Hey Guys/Girls

Z has updated his UDP with embedding options for PNG etc, Im busy trying to figure out if everything is working correctly. and how to incorporate everything correctly.

- Digi

Update: 26 Downloads Of this Little Applet.

Great to see people Enjoying it, Im on a standby Machine at the moment I have done a few Coding CleanUps and a few other things, Ill be Uploading soon as my new System is up and Running 100%

Should hopefully be the end of the week, Im still going through the Embedding stuffs and I have done another Variant a Click run or leave and Run applet.

It was a request from a Friend of mine so figured ill post it for all aswell.

Z's UDP for the PNG images seems to work but busy looking at a few small things looks like its doing what i was worried about, Changing the image to BMP and Filling in the Void space (Blank Area) with the Edges of the Image. But I'm still hopefull Z's coding skills are above mine and trying to figure everything out is straining my Brain a little but im sure ill get it eventually.

But otherwise, Thanks again to everyone that has assisted with the Development of my lil pet project and thanks to those that have given Positive Feedback and the Negatives that have forced me to Progress the development of stupid lil things, IE the no Icon in taskBar (BTW i will be posting the final version with that option enabled in the Compiled script, it was being used for Trouble shooting in the Beta stages and ill have a Final Release with it enabled for those that do like it.)

Please Drop me a mail if there are Features And/Or other things you want to have added or refined a lil and ill look into it. And believe me there are no stupid requests just lack of the knowladge to accomplish your Goal.......(Budda eat your heart out hahahaha :) ) but remember half this stuff im learning as i go to start with so you may even figure it out before me :(

Thanks again to AutoIT , Zedna , redsleeves (his lil enhance) , simphax, Lod3a

You all helped Heeps.

(If i dont get any requests for enhancements i will post the Final Releases in Mid June about the 14th or 15th with everything I hope, Gives me time to work out the Embedding thing and if not then ill release that one in a Beta stage afterwards.)