Opening a LinkClick into another instance of embedded IE?

shootie

Hi, I have 2 embedded instances of IE in my form. I want to know how I can use a LinkClick from one instance to open in the other. Right now, when I use LinkClick it opens an outside instance of IE because the link has the target=_black parameter. I want to know how I can make the link open in the second instance of IE. I would do _IENavigate, but then it has a blank referrer.

Help very much appreciated, thanks.

You need to first set (or know) the "name" of the window or frame you want to target.

you can do it like this:

$oIE.document.parentwindow.name = "thisIsTheName"

then you can (re)write the target of the link to be

target="thisIsTheName"

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Can't get that to work.

The first instance is $oIE and the second is $oIE2

The link is getting clicked from $oIE, and should open in $oIE2

Here's what I have:

$oIE2.document.parentwindow.name = "sIE2"
$oLink.target = "sIE2"
_IELinkClickByText ($oIE, $sLinkText)

But it's not working for some reason...

Do you get the same result from

_IEAction($oLink, "click")

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Yes. It just opens a new instance of non-embedded IE.

And also the referrer is wrong.

It could work if I just made the target "_self", and then went back to the previous page, but then the loop stops.

Edited by shootie

Try it with normal browsers rather than embedded for testing.

Dale

Could I maybe insert an iFrame into the page and have the link target the iframe? This might solve the problem...

Tried this, got it to work, the problem is I can't check the refferrer of the link clicked. It needs to have the correct referrer. If i click a link from a page, lets call this page "surfpage", and open it in an iframe on that same page, will the page opened by that link that opened in the iframe have the referrer "surfpage" ?

And is there a way to check the referrer of the link clicked that goes to the iframe to make sure? I'm using

msgbox(0, "referrer", _IEpropertyget($oIE, "referrer"))

But that only gets the referrer of the "surfpage", and i need the referrer of the page in the iframe.

Also what I want to know is if adding an Iframe or rewriting the target of the link will be visible in the server log files.

Edited by shootie

I'm happy to help further, but please post a small self-contained, example of what you're doing to give me a starting point.

I don't know the answer to the logfile question - why don't you test and see?

Dale

I can't really test the logfile thing, my website doesn't keep logs. As for the example, I'm not really sure how to do it, I'm making an autosurfer for a PTC site.

You can't post an example of the code that gave you errors or the errors you say you received? Please try again - you won't get much help otherwise.

Dale

I got it working with no errors by creating an iframe in the page. But my question is is the link I click that goes into the iframe will have the referrer of the page that it was clicked from. And if using $oLink.target = "blahblah" will show up on the server logfiles.

I don't know and it may depend on the webserver. You'll need to test in something that approximates your target system.

Dale