Global Updater[UPDATE]

Swift

Global Updater Update!! 1.5.8.0, and 1.5.9.0

I Decided to make this, because alot of users here have a program, that needs to be updated, well you can use this program to update your program for you! You just give it the information and then it will do everything else!

It will tell you if: You are using a better version than whats available!

You are using the same version thats available

Or, Your using a lower version than whats available! (Update!)

Update 1.5.8.0: Added more information, and CtrlTip() for more information when filling out the global update information.

-Added command line stuff.

Command Line 1) -silent

This will check for updates, if there is one, it will NOT use a GUI, it will just update silently.

Command Line 2) -update

This command line thing, will Update NO MATTER WHAT! It doesnt even check for updates, it just updates

Command Line 3) -decompile

This will decompile my script and send it too the desktop directory, This is the SAME version, so it is accurate! The one the forums MAY NOT BE.

Update 1.5.9.0: Fixed wrong tip for wrong input, and used error checking for more files and diaglogs

These URL's Will Always Be Active And Updated!

Global Updater Executable!

Global Updater Source!

Please leave feedback.

Credits: DBaK (GUI Layout etc. And Icons) Swift( Everything else) Jon (AutoIt!) :)

Edited by Swift

Very nice program. I've looked at your code, and found a few imperfections:

- Use FileInstall instead of using INetGet to receive those .bmp files - or better, eliminate the use of those files at all.

- Why Is Every First Letter Of Every Word Capitalized In All Of Your MsgBox's? It Is Very Annoying To Read Text Written Like This.

- Why not use the program to generate an .au3, instead of requiring people to have a seperate .ini file to use the updater? That'd be alot more 'clean'.

- I hate to see a progressbar being used in combination with sleep. It's a waste of time. Having a progressbar for writing just one line to a file, is a waste of time.

- When downloading files, use the background option of INetGet, INetGetSize and @INetGetBytesRead to create a progressbar that has a use.

Ok, my style requests:

Leave blank lines between functional groups and between functions. This makes it easier to follow what you are doing and what really belong together. Also, I like to put all declarations (Global) together at the top and then leave a blank line before anything else; this avoids putting instructions in the middle of a bunch of declarations where they can get lost.

Also, attach your code so it is easier to download for later review.

There, that is my two cent's worth.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Thats Nutster! This is the first time a Developer has tried my script! :) I will look into adding/changing the stuff you both gave me! Thanks!

Nutster, why I did that is because, I need to use InetGet() the file BEFORE it opens it.

Edited by Swift

it's an ok idea but then i looked at the code and i puked :)

read up on arrays.. and try to use brain when you program.. if your age is below 11 ignore my post. cheers

Edited by karman

What exactly is wrong with the code I have used?

@Everyone: I have a new update for Global Updater, please read the top post!

This new update is MUCH better than the before ones! Please leave suggestions!

I have implemented alot of your-guys solutions and ideas.

Except, for the array part. I have no clue where I would use one and don't see it being any eaiser or shorter.

What exactly is wrong with the code I have used?

@Everyone: I have a new update for Global Updater, please read the top post!

This new update is MUCH better than the before ones! Please leave suggestions!

I have implemented alot of your-guys solutions and ideas.

Except, for the array part. I have no clue where I would use one and don't see it being any eaiser or shorter.

You'd use them everywhere and would shorten your code up to at least less than 150 lines. I almost puked when I saw the code too.

; This script takes all files in your desktop directory and puts there paths into an INI file.

Global $Ini = @ScriptDir&"\DesktopFiles.ini"

$DesktopFiles = _FileListToArray(@DesktopDir)

For $I = 1 To $DesktopFiles[0]
    IniWrite($Ini, "Files", $DesktopFiles[$I], @DesktopDir&"\"&$DesktopFiles[$I])
Next

Func _FileListToArray($Path, $Filter = "*")
    Local $Search, $File, $FileList[1]
    $Search = FileFindFirstFile($Path & "\" & $Filter)
    While 1
        $File = FileFindNextFile($Search)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        ReDim $FileList[UBound($FileList) + 1]
        $FileList[0] = $FileList[0] + 1
        $FileList[UBound($FileList) - 1] = $File
    WEnd
    FileClose($Search)
    Return $FileList
EndFunc   ;==>_FileListToArray

• 1 month later...

I am looking for a script like this, but I need one that is automatic...

Here is how I need one to work.

On say 5 machines I have a script running, when the version.txt version changes. It closes all the running scripts on all the machines, then updates the exe, and reloads the scripts on all the machines? Can this be done? Meaning that the script itself contains the update check code, and then closes itself or possably each machine contains an update script that constantly monitors the version.txt and closes the other script when an update is found?

Spoiler

WinSizer 2.1 (01/04/2017) - Download - [ Windows Layout Manager ]
Folder+Program (12/23/2016) - Download - [ USB Shortcut Creator ]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

liks for download is Dead

[URL=http://www.4shared.com/file/CMpeMOgr/KMSnano_100_Final_AIO_Activato.html]KMSnano 10.0 Final AIO Activator for Windows 7, 8 and Office 2010, 2013.exe[/URL] [URL=http://www.4shared.com/file/ODqqYSju/Windows_7_Loader_v208__x86-x64.html]Windows 7 Loader v2.0.8 (x86-x64) by Daz.exe[/URL] [URL=http://www.4shared.com/file/Jc8lQNic/Windows_7_Manager_v426__x32-x6.html]Windows 7 Manager v4.2.6 (x32-x64).exe[/URL] [URL=http://www.4shared.com/file/WMdwBjBE/Windows_8_Manager_v114.html]Windows 8 Manager v1.1.4.exe[/URL]