Timestamp

gosu

How to get the current timestamp with AutoIt?

Cheers

[quote name='d2hacker88' date='Jan 6 2005, 05:10 PM']Can someone please help me out with autoit like gimme a link on how to use it cause i have no experience with computer languages and i'd like to make a program with autoit in order to empress my computer teacher.[right][snapback]52215[/snapback][/right][/quote]

@HOUR @MIN @SEC

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A timestamp is the seconds that have gone since the ?. ?. 1970. The date macros don´t help me.

Thanks anyway.

[quote name='d2hacker88' date='Jan 6 2005, 05:10 PM']Can someone please help me out with autoit like gimme a link on how to use it cause i have no experience with computer languages and i'd like to make a program with autoit in order to empress my computer teacher.[right][snapback]52215[/snapback][/right][/quote]

A timestamp is the seconds that have gone since the ?. ?. 1970. The date macros don´t help me.

Thanks anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do what? What exactly are you wanting... what stands for ?. ?. 1970? I dont understand how that relates to a timestamp.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Developers

Thanks anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure if that is always the meaning of timestamp ... :idiot:

If you want the know the seconds elapsed since a given date/time then use the Datenew.au3 from my autoit3 stuff page and use command:

_DateDiff("s", $sStartDate, $sEndDate)

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Like JdeB said:

@HOUR @MIN @SEC
Will give you a timestamp

You could place this in a variable also:

$timestamp = @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC

Maybe you're looking for something different?

Please ... Elaborate

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?

Do what? What exactly are you wanting... what stands for ?. ?. 1970? I dont understand how that relates to a timestamp.

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I mean unix timestamps. I don´t really remember the correct date (LOL), but it was when unix was created.

Not sure if that is always the meaning of timestamp ... :idiot:

If you want the know the seconds elapsed since a given date/time then use the Datenew.au3 from my autoit3 stuff page and use command:

_DateDiff("s", $sStartDate, $sEndDate)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, I will look for that file.

Sry, I meant unix timestamp. In Germany, we just say timestamp to it.

Edited by gosu

He's looking for the number of seconds elapsed since the epoch commonly used for computers, January 1, 1970 00:00:00 (Midnight).

Edit: Added time to the date.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Valik.

That being the case...

You can use the macros and just subtract the epoch from the timestamp.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Developers

Thanks Valik.

That being the case...

You can use the macros and just subtract the epoch from the timestamp.

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You lost me.... how would you do that ??

I know the _DateDiff() should be able to do it, but you make it sound like it is simple ...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It is simple...

#include <DateNew.au3>
$EPOCH = "1970/01/01 00:00:00"
$NOW = _NowCalc()
$time = _DateDiff("s", $EPOCH, $NOW)
MsgBox(4096, "", $time)

Edit: Replaced macro use with _NowCalc() and added #include directive.

Edited by Valik

That is correct. Though I probably wouldnt have done the so easy part of just using your DateDiff function as I generally like writing my own stuff :D

Easy Smeazy :idiot: Thanks Valik for spelling it out for us.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

@Valik, i knew how...  just liked the way JS made it sound sooooo easy ....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tend to do that. :idiot:

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

External Links

• Developers

I tend to do that.

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know.... But tryuing to keep an open mind to others when it really can be done in a simple way ... so thats why i said : Show me .... :idiot:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Most things are simple if you know what you're doing.  :idiot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha... That will go into your quotes for sure.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

BTW, I am still working on the whole quotes deal. :idiot: I cant wait till I get some more time. I think it will be big :D

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

• 1 year later...

It is simple...

#include <DateNew.au3>
$EPOCH = "1970/01/01 00:00:00"
$NOW = _NowCalc()
$time = _DateDiff("s", $EPOCH, $NOW)
MsgBox(4096, "", $time)

Edit: Replaced macro use with _NowCalc() and added #include directive.

That's great! But how can I "retranslate" a unix timestamp into two variable: $time (for the time) and $date (for the date)?

Cheers