i am a newbie Please help me in a serious case

hi,

i am new here.... if it is a stupid question than please forgive me.

also if it is wrong section or not allowed than sorry for my mistake.

i have a file player.exe which is packed by upx compressor & protected under a password (write protected or whatever )

now whenever i try to unpack it .

i am getting this error " file is write protected "

Please tell me that how can i unpack it .

it is build by Autoit V3 & packed by upx latest version .

& i am using latest version for unpacking it .

if you need any screenShots , file or any other information for helping me than please tell me.

Thanks in advance .

Edited by Grover

hi,

i am new here.... if it is a stupid question than please forgive me.

also if it is wrong section or not allowed than sorry for my mistake.

i have a file player.exe which is packed by upx compressor & protected under a password (write protected or whatever )

now whenever i try to unpack it .

i am getting this error " file is write protected "

Please tell me that how can i unpack it .

it is build by Autoit V3 & packed by upx latest version .

& i am using latest version for unpacking it .

if you need any screenShots , file or any other information for helping me than please tell me.

Thanks in advance .

You should be able to unpack it with UPX but it appears that what you really want to do is decompile the script. Decompiling is a definite no-no and threads about decompile functions have a tendency to be locked around here. We WILL NOT help someone decompile scripts. and with the newer AutoIt scripts they can't be decompiled anyway.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

well, that's easy! Just use the correct password and you will not get any error!!

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *