RunWait and ShellExecute with parameters

Hi,

I can't get the following command line to be executed with AutoIt

runwait("P:\Programme\VirtualDub\vdub.exe /s e:\temp\transtest\tt1.csf /p e:\temp\transtest\test_capture.avi e:\temp\transtest\test_divx.avi /r /x")

If I execute it, vdub.exe seems to be launched but closes immedeatly. In case I key-in the command line direct into the shell, it works. Also tried ShellExecute with the parameters seperated in the second field - no success. I think there is something wrong with the parameters.

Any idea?

If path or param contains space you must use qutes:

Something like this:

runwait('"P:\Programme\VirtualDub\vdub.exe" "/s e:\temp\transtest\tt1.csf" "/p e:\temp\transtest\test_capture.avi" e:\temp\transtest\test_divx.avi /r /x')

But I don't know exact params so I show you only princip...

Edited by Zedna

If path or param contains space you must use qutes:

Something like this:

runwait('"P:\Programme\VirtualDub\vdub.exe" "/s e:\temp\transtest\tt1.csf" "/p e:\temp\transtest\test_capture.avi" e:\temp\transtest\test_divx.avi /r /x')

But I don't know exact params so I show you only princip...

Thanks Zedna for your quick response. I tried your proposal but without success.

The run command opens a shell, runs the executeable and closes - too fast to read perhaps some error messages. Is there a possibility to pause the execution of the run command before the shell closes in order to get warnings/error messages from the application?

That fixed it. Thanks a lot.

If that fixed it then

ShellExecuteWait("P:\Programme\VirtualDub\vdub.exe", "/s e:\temp\transtest\tt1.csf /p e:\temp\transtest\test_capture.avi e:\temp\transtest\test_divx.avi /r /x")

should also work.

Edit: had one too many quotes.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"