Minimize Window

• Moderators

The last 4 posts are yours, this thread either dies now, or you try to provide an example of what you are wanting to do (Application example so it can be re-created)... Because it's obvious that either A.) No one knows how to do it, or B.) You can't explain it well enough for anyone to help you.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Here's my code below. It is a parent window with a tiny gui window that is covered by an icon. The icon (child gui) is the child window and whenever I minimize the parent it minimizes the child too.

#Include <GUIConstants.au3>
#Include <Misc.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

; Create the GUI

$hudGUI = GUICreate( "", 150, 250)
    $Icon1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Documents and Settings\BlueElite1.bmp", 128, 7, 15, 15)
    $exit = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Documents and Settings\BlueElite2.bmp", 128, 228, 15, 15)
    GUISetState()
    GUISetBkColor(0xF2F2F2, $hudGUI)
    WinSetOnTop("", "", 1)
    $calling = GUICreate("calling", 24, 24, 7, 5,$WS_POPUP,BitOr($WS_EX_LAYERED,$WS_EX_MDICHILD),$hudGUI)
    $callingpic = GUICtrlCreatePic(@scriptdir & "\icons\calling.gif", 0, 0, 24, 24)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW,$calling)

While 1
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
        ;$picnr = CheckMsgCall($msg) ; Check all Pics for message, get the arraynumber
        Select
        Case $msg = $exit
                GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hudGUI)
            Case $msg = $Icon1
                GUIDelete($hudGUI)
                ExitLoop
            Case $msg = $callingpic
            ;Case not ($picnr == false)
                $gp = WinGetPos($calling)
                $mp = MouseGetPos()
                While _IsPressed("1")
                    $cp = MouseGetPos()
                    WinMove($calling, "", $gp[0] - $mp[0] + $cp[0], $gp[1] - $mp[1] + $cp[1])
                    $cPos = WinGetPos($calling)
                    $cPosX = $cPos[0] - 438
                    $cPosY = $cPos[1] - 256
                WEnd
                If Not ($cPosX = "7"  And $cPosY = "-15") Then
                    ReDim $calling[UBound($calling)+1]
                    ReDim $callingpic[UBound($callingpic)+1]
                    $calling[UBound($calling)-1] = GUICreate("calling", 24, 24, 7, -15, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_MDICHILD), $hudGUI)
                    $callingpic[UBound($callingpic)-1] = GUICtrlCreatePic(@ScriptDir & "\icons\calling.gif", 0, 0, 24, 24); Create new pic
                    GUISetState()
                EndIf
        EndSelect
    WEnd

This script is not even fully working right now but hopefully you get the idea...

• Moderators

I can't even run that, try creating an actual running script that demonstrates your problem that others can run, there's so many errors, it's not worth my time to debug them to help you if you can't help us help you.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I can't get it working properly. And why do you need it anyway? You have basically the idea of want I want to accomplish. Is it so hard to tell how to minimize in GENERAL and parent window but its child stay open?

• Moderators

I can't get it working properly. And why do you need it anyway? You have basically the idea of want I want to accomplish. Is it so hard to tell how to minimize in GENERAL and parent window but its child stay open?

Because I don't feel like taking the time to help you by writing my own!

Dammit, just provide the tools necessary rather than making people go out of their way to show you an example THEY had to write themselves, rather than just fixing your code that you provided that illustrates your problem.

• Moderators

Take a chill pill Smoke.

Then don't question those that are willing to help. Edited by SmOke_N