Help with Packet sniffing and sockets.

Hey there.

Im wondering if theres any way to sniff data coming to a specific application running on my computer and get that information - Im sure this is possible Im just not sure how to go about it.

Also, the client application on my computer(that I will be sniffing) is connected to the remote server - as I understand if I try to create a tcp connection to the remote server to send data it will attempt to create a new socket - is there anyway to get the socket that the client application on my computer is using to transmit information and in turn send data through this socket using autoit, basically simulating what the client application would be sending to the server, but doing it with autoit and allowing the client application to remain open and keep sending and recieving data aswell...

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards

Marscom

Hi.

Hey there.

Im wondering if theres any way to sniff data coming to a specific application running on my computer and get that information - Im sure this is possible Im just not sure how to go about it.

Not sure if it's possible to do so using autoit, have a look at all the "TCP*" functions.

NetWork Troubleshooting IMHO is best done with WireShark (was Ethereal before)

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Hi.

Not sure if it's possible to do so using autoit, have a look at all the "TCP*" functions.

NetWork Troubleshooting IMHO is best done with WireShark (was Ethereal before)

Regards, Rudi.

Thanks for the reply but Im curious what kind of code I would use, I looked at the code and Im not sure how I would send data through another socket opened by another application, any ideas anyone?

Mattraks said:

<snip> is the only program that i know can watch packets being sent and received.

Looks like that could do the trick! It includes WpeSpy.dll, does anyone who knows about dll calls know if I could use that dll directly with autoit?

Thanks everyone, you lot sure do know alot :)

Edited by Melba23
Link removed

Also, the client application on my computer(that I will be sniffing) is connected to the remote server -

what's the client application and why do you want to sniff the data?

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

what's the client application and why do you want to sniff the data?

The client is a flash SWF for playing backgammon online, Im trying to "automate" the process of playing and the easiest way is to intercept the packets (Base 64 encryted) which contains the id for the board being sent to the flash app, I can use this to make a move.

Ideas? I just need to keep checking if a packet contains board id and then use the data to make a decision.

The client is a flash SWF for playing backgammon online, Im trying to "automate" the process of playing and the easiest way is to intercept the packets (Base 64 encryted) which contains the id for the board being sent to the flash app, I can use this to make a move.

Ideas? I just need to keep checking if a packet contains board id and then use the data to make a decision.

sorry, I won't help you with game cheating! A waste of time in my eyes...

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

sorry, I won't help you with game cheating! A waste of time in my eyes...

After having some major financial success doing it, I doubt that knowing how it works would be a waste of time, however you are entitled to your opinion, thanks anyways :)

Any other suggestions?