Quick fish bot help for wow

Hi, I just have a quick question on how to improve a fish bot I have for WOW that has been working great but is falling short on the fishing level max. I have 400 max but i need to apply lures to stop the 1 out of 5 catches. If somone can post an idea on how to add a 10 min timer to my script so that it hits a macro button i made and set on my tool bar or something that can type a macro of /cast lure it would be greatly appreciated. Here is my macro and all the feedbak is greatly appreciated (macro i use not made btw.) Thanks

; <AUT2EXE VERSION: 3.1.0.4>

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; <AUT2EXE INCLUDE-START: C:\Documents and Settings\Home\My Documents\fishing.au3>

; ****************************************************************************************************

; Fishing by the sexylilwitch

; Globals

$title = "WoW Fishing"

$win_title = "World of Warcraft"

$top_border_height = 23

$left_border_width = 4

$screen_width = 800

$screen_height = 600

$time_to_wait = 30000

dim $start_time

; ****************************************************************************************************

; Hot Keys

HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "request_end")

if not WinExists($win_title, "") then

msg($win_title & " window must be open.")

Exit

endif

WinActivate($win_title, "")

WinSetOnTop($win_title, "", 0)

Sleep(500)

check_window()

$win_pos = WinGetPos($win_title, "")

$win_x = $win_pos[0] + $left_border_width

$win_y = $win_pos[1] + $top_border_height

$top = $win_y + (.25 * $screen_height)

$bottom = $top + (.35 * $screen_height) - 1

$left = $win_x + (.15 * $screen_width)

$right = $left + $screen_width - (.15 * 2.0 * $screen_width) - 1

; Show a visual confirmation by making the mouse draw the area on the screen

; that will be used to scan for the bobber.

MouseMove($left, $top, 2)

MouseMove($right, $top, 2)

MouseMove($right, $bottom, 2)

MouseMove($left, $bottom, 2)

cast_pole()

find_float()

func find_float()

$color_dark_purple = 0x463B4D

$color_dark_blue = 0x283A64

$color_red = 0xA72C0B

$color_stormwind_daylight_blue = 0x2B3254

$color_stormwind_daylight_red = 0x6B1F0C

$color_beige = 0xBB9B3D

$color_night_blue = 0x0B1931

; this is the color used to pixelsearch for the bobber. change the color to a good color

; on the bobber that is prominent on the screen

$color_to_use = $color_stormwind_daylight_red

; this is the search tolerance. In areas where the bobber colors really stand out, you can

; use a fairly high threshold. In areas where the bobber colors are fairly muted in with

; the background, you will have to lower the values considerably.

$bobber_search_tolerance = 20

; it's better to use lower values here in favor of accurate searching. This will take more

; time for it to detect the bobber, but usually the splash doesn't occur until at least 30%

; of the time has run out, and by that time, it should have detected the bobber (assuming the

; color values and tolerance are correct).

$bobber_search_step = 2

; Search for float. In certain lighting, the part of the float may look more purple than

; blue. In this case, using $color_red tends to work the best with a tolerance of 20.

while 1

if TimerDiff($start_time) >= $time_to_wait then

cast_pole()

endif

$pos = PixelSearch($left, $top, $right, $bottom, $color_to_use, $bobber_search_tolerance, $bobber_search_step)

if @error then

SetError(0)

else

MouseMove($pos[0], $pos[1], 2)

find_splash($pos[0], $pos[1] )

endif

Sleep(10)

wend

endfunc

func find_splash($float_x, $float_y)

$search_left = $float_x - 32

$search_right = $search_left + 52

$search_top = $float_y - 32

$search_bottom = $search_top + 64

; Usually you do not have to modify the search color for the splash, as the pixels

; have a very distinctive, bright color.

$splash_color = 0xF6F6F6

; Sometimes 30 tolerance works well, sometimes 20 is better in lit areas to avoid catching highlights

; in other things.

$splash_tolerance = 20

; The search step can be pretty small here (1 to 3) without worries because the search area is

; so small once it has been narrowed down - speed isn't much of an issue.

$splash_search_step = 2

; Search for splash

while TimerDiff($start_time) < $time_to_wait

$pos = PixelSearch($search_left, $search_top, $search_right, $search_bottom, $splash_color, $splash_tolerance, $splash_search_step)

if @error then

SetError(0)

else

; Click on the splash

Send("{SHIFTDOWN}")

Sleep(100)

MouseClick("right", $pos[0], $pos[1], 1, 2)

Sleep(100)

Send("{SHIFTUP}")

Sleep(5000)

ExitLoop

endif

Sleep(10)

wend

; Cast pole and start all over again.

cast_pole()

endfunc

func cast_pole()

$start_time = TimerInit()

Send("1")

Sleep(3000)

endfunc

func check_window()

$dimensions = WinGetClientSize($win_title, "")

if $dimensions[0] <> $screen_width or $dimensions[1] <> $screen_height then

msg("Idiot! Wrong window size. You must use " & $screen_width & "x" & $screen_height & " resolution in full screen mode.")

Exit

endif

endfunc

func msg($text)

MsgBox(0, $title, $text)

endfunc

func msg_array($title, $array, $num_elements)

dim $text

$text = $array[0]

for $j = 1 to $num_elements - 1

$text = $text & ", " & $array[$j]

next

MsgBox(0, $title, $text)

endfunc

func request_end()

$MB_YESNO = 4

$MB_YES = 6

if MsgBox($MB_YESNO, $title, "End script?") == $MB_YES then

Exit

endif

endfunc

func drain_timer()

Msg("Restart")

$start_time = $start_time - $time_to_wait

endfunc

create an ingame macro to apply the lure set it to a seperate key on your hotbar - create a new timer to countdown 10 min then after that timer expires call a seperate function to hit that second hotkey and reset the timer - search my old posts i'm pretty sure some of the fishbots i posted on here have an example.

basicly....

; at the top...  set variables
$time_to_wait = 30000 
$time_for_bobber = 4500 
$time_for_loot = 1000 
$time_for_trans = 610000 

dim $trans_time 
dim $start_time 
dim $bobber_time 
dim $search_loot_time 

; while 1 <added at the start of my loop
        if TimerDiff($trans_time) >= $time_for_trans then 
      Sleep(3000) 
      Send("3") 
      Sleep(3000) 
      reset_trans_timer() 

; at the bottom...
func reset_trans_timer() 
    $trans_time = TimerInit() 
endfunc

I even added a second timer to look for the bobber... i figured if it can't find the bobber in 5 seconds... its not going to find it at all thus recast and start over... oh at one time i was burning the 10 min primal fire transmute as an alchemest on that too but the same logic works for a bobber :)

Don't let that status fool you, I am no advanced memeber!

Hmm this looks allot like a script I got send by a friend ages ago. Since then I changed allot about it (made a GUI and it can now retrieve the color of the bobber in game, supports alternative colors if the first doesn't match, set the searchfield ingame, set up and store new profiles for different locations and attach lures)

The I used to have an addon that applied lures, but that was no longer possible since 2.0. Instead I made a crude but effective workaround:

I made the macro:

/stopcasting                          (Applying a lure will stop your current cast 9/10 times. This line just reduces the chance of an error)
/cast Bright Baubles                  (or another type of lure)
/script PickupInventoryItem(16);      (use it on your main hand)

And made the script send the hotkey about 300ms after casting fishing.

If a lure is still attached, you will get a pop-up box asking if you want to replace the current lure.

If your lure expired it will reapply a lure.

After that I have my script check if the bobber is still there and if so, wait for the splash. If it isn't (because you attached a lure) it returns to the start.

I preferred this method over a second timer because it allows you to start and stop the script multiple times without applying a lure every time and because it was hard to make it 100% reliable so you didn't end up applying the lure to soon, or too late.

Used to have:

Func attach_lure()
     Send("hotkey for the above macro here")
     $Luretimer = timerinit()
     cast_pole()
     find_float()
EndFunc

and added

If $Luretimer > 60000 Then
     attach_lure()
EndIf

to the top of "Func cast_pole()"

Edit:

I just came across a problem using PixelSearch and PixelGetColor in wow on my new laptop with windows Vista. Have you had any succes using your script under Vista?

P.S. If you want a look at my script I can mail it to you. It's about 450 lines now and I don't realy want to post it on public forums.

Edited by Tvern

Hmm this looks allot like a script I got send by a friend ages ago. Since then I changed allot about it (made a GUI and it can now retrieve the color of the bobber in game, supports alternative colors if the first doesn't match, set the searchfield ingame, set up and store new profiles for different locations and attach lures)

The I used to have an addon that applied lures, but that was no longer possible since 2.0. Instead I made a crude but effective workaround:

I made the macro:

/stopcasting                          (Applying a lure will stop your current cast 9/10 times. This line just reduces the chance of an error)
/cast Bright Baubles                  (or another type of lure)
/script PickupInventoryItem(16);      (use it on your main hand)

And made the script send the hotkey about 300ms after casting fishing.

If a lure is still attached, you will get a pop-up box asking if you want to replace the current lure.

If your lure expired it will reapply a lure.

After that I have my script check if the bobber is still there and if so, wait for the splash. If it isn't (because you attached a lure) it returns to the start.

I preferred this method over a second timer because it allows you to start and stop the script multiple times without applying a lure every time and because it was hard to make it 100% reliable so you didn't end up applying the lure to soon, or too late.

Used to have:

Func attach_lure()
     Send("hotkey for the above macro here")
     $Luretimer = timerinit()
     cast_pole()
     find_float()
EndFunc

and added

attach_lure()
EndIf

to the top of "Func cast_pole()"

Edit:

I just came across a problem using PixelSearch and PixelGetColor in wow on my new laptop with windows Vista. Have you had any succes using your script under Vista?

P.S. If you want a look at my script I can mail it to you. It's about 450 lines now and I don't realy want to post it on public forums.

I have had success usuing my script with vista basically i turn the res 800x600 and crank down all the graphics so the color blocks are huge and blockey and then turn off MSN messenger and it usually goes good cept for teh skil too low and missing the lures.

I thank you for your imput but please forgive my ignorance here, but where would I imput this on the scipt? towards the top bottm? I have no expereirnce in writting scripts.

If you want some more scripts for vista i can email you my other 2 i use on my laptop

snyperwolf3d@yahoo.com

I thank you for your imput but please forgive my ignorance here, but where would I imput this on the scipt? towards the top bottm? I have no expereirnce in writting scripts.

Havn't tested it yet, but I think it would work like this:

; Globals
$title = "WoW Fishing"

$top_border_height = 23
$left_border_width = 4

$screen_width = 800
$screen_height = 600

$time_to_wait = 30000
dim $start_time

; Hot Keys

Exit
endif

Sleep(500)

check_window()

;*********start the new function********:)
attach_lure()
;*********done***************

func find_float()
$color_red = 0xA72C0B
$color_beige = 0xBB9B3D

; this is the color used to pixelsearch for the bobber. change the color to a good color

; this is the search tolerance. In areas where the bobber colors really stand out, you can
; use a fairly high threshold. In areas where the bobber colors are fairly muted in with

; it's better to use lower values here in favor of accurate searching. This will take more
; time for it to detect the bobber, but usually the splash doesn't occur until at least 30%
; of the time has run out, and by that time, it should have detected the bobber (assuming the
$bobber_search_step = 2

; Search for float. In certain lighting, the part of the float may look more purple than
; blue. In this case, using $color_red tends to work the best with a tolerance of 20.
while 1
cast_pole()
endif

$pos = PixelSearch($left, $top, $right, $bottom, $color_to_use, $bobber_search_tolerance, $bobber_search_step)
if @error then
SetError(0)
else
endif
Sleep(10)
wend
endfunc

; Usually you do not have to modify the search color for the splash, as the pixels
$splash_color = 0xF6F6F6

; Sometimes 30 tolerance works well, sometimes 20 is better in lit areas to avoid catching highlights
; in other things.
$splash_tolerance = 20

; The search step can be pretty small here (1 to 3) without worries because the search area is
$splash_search_step = 2

; Search for splash
$pos = PixelSearch($search_left, $search_top, $search_right, $search_bottom, $splash_color, $splash_tolerance, $splash_search_step)
if @error then
SetError(0)
else
; Click on the splash
Send("{SHIFTDOWN}")
Sleep(100)
Sleep(100)
Send("{SHIFTUP}")

Sleep(5000)

ExitLoop
endif
Sleep(10)
wend

cast_pole()
endfunc

;***********new code!************:)
func cast_pole()
     attach_lure()
EndIf
;**********end of new code!************
Send("1")
Sleep(3000)
find_float()
endfunc

func check_window()
msg("Idiot! Wrong window size. You must use " & $screen_width & "x" & $screen_height & " resolution in full screen mode.")
Exit
endif
endfunc

func msg($text)
MsgBox(0, $title, $text)
endfunc

dim $text
$text = $array[0]

next

MsgBox(0, $title, $text)
endfunc

func request_end()
$MB_YESNO = 4
$MB_YES = 6

Exit
endif
endfunc

func drain_timer()
Msg("Restart")
endfunc

; ************New function************:)
Func attach_lure()
     Send("2")
     Sleep(5000)
     $Luretimer = timerinit()
     cast_pole()
EndFunc

I have marked the new bits with a :) because it stand out nicely in the script.

Presume the hotkey "2" for the lure macro (you'll have to set that one up in game.

Havn't tested it yet, but I think it would work like this:

; Globals
$title = "WoW Fishing"

$top_border_height = 23
$left_border_width = 4

$screen_width = 800
$screen_height = 600

$time_to_wait = 30000
dim $start_time

; Hot Keys

Exit
endif

Sleep(500)

check_window()

;*********start the new function********:)
attach_lure()
;*********done***************

func find_float()
$color_red = 0xA72C0B
$color_beige = 0xBB9B3D

$bobber_search_step = 2

while 1
cast_pole()
endif

if @error then
SetError(0)
else
endif
Sleep(10)
wend
endfunc

$splash_color = 0xF6F6F6

; in other things.
$splash_tolerance = 20

$splash_search_step = 2

; Search for splash
if @error then
SetError(0)
else
; Click on the splash
Send("{SHIFTDOWN}")
Sleep(100)
Sleep(100)
Send("{SHIFTUP}")

Sleep(5000)

ExitLoop
endif
Sleep(10)
wend

cast_pole()
endfunc

;***********new code!************:)
func cast_pole()
     attach_lure()
EndIf
;**********end of new code!************
Send("1")
Sleep(3000)
find_float()
endfunc

func check_window()
Exit
endif
endfunc

func msg($text)
MsgBox(0, $title, $text)
endfunc

dim $text
$text = $array[0]

next

MsgBox(0, $title, $text)
endfunc

func request_end()
$MB_YESNO = 4
$MB_YES = 6

Exit
endif
endfunc

func drain_timer()
Msg("Restart")
endfunc

; ************New function************:)
Func attach_lure()
     Send("2")
     Sleep(5000)
     $Luretimer = timerinit()
     cast_pole()
EndFunc

I have marked the new bits with a :) because it stand out nicely in the script.

Presume the hotkey "2" for the lure macro (you'll have to set that one up in game.

awesome thanks for the imput ill test it after work tonight

This is what i made it into and its giving me this error

Line 147

if $luretimer > 60000 then

if ^ ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared

If anyone can check this over to see what i did wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

; <AUT2EXE VERSION: 3.1.0.4>

; <AUT2EXE INCLUDE-START: C:\Documents and Settings\Home\My Documents\fishing.au3>

; Globals

$title = "WoW Fishing"

$top_border_height = 23

$left_border_width = 4

$screen_width = 800

$screen_height = 600

$time_to_wait = 30000

dim $start_time

; Hot Keys

Exit

endif

Sleep(500)

check_window()

attach_lure()

cast_pole()

find_float()

func find_float()

$color_red = 0xA72C0B

$color_beige = 0xBB9B3D

$bobber_search_step = 2

while 1

cast_pole()

endif

if @error then

SetError(0)

else

endif

Sleep(10)

wend

endfunc

$splash_color = 0xF6F6F6

; in other things.

$splash_tolerance = 20

$splash_search_step = 2

; Search for splash

if @error then

SetError(0)

else

; Click on the splash

Send("{SHIFTDOWN}")

Sleep(100)

Sleep(100)

Send("{SHIFTUP}")

Sleep(5000)

ExitLoop

endif

Sleep(10)

wend

cast_pole()

endfunc

func cast_pole()

attach_lure()

EndIf

Send("1")

Sleep(3000)

EndFunc

func check_window()

Exit

endif

endfunc

func msg($text)

MsgBox(0, $title, $text)

endfunc

dim $text

$text = $array[0]

next

MsgBox(0, $title, $text)

endfunc

func request_end()

$MB_YESNO = 4

$MB_YES = 6

Exit

endif

endfunc

func drain_timer()

Msg("Restart")

endfunc

Func attach_lure()

Send("2")

Sleep(5000)

$Luretimer = timerinit()

cast_pole()

endfunc

This is what i made it into and its giving me this error

Line 147

if $luretimer > 60000 then

if ^ ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared

If anyone can check this over to see what i did wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Ah didn't think of that one. just try to add

$luretimer = 0

under where it says "Globals" Should have expected that error.

@johnspartan

It seems like spam here.

most people at here are not game freaks.

reapeats in every 10 minutes

AdlibEnable("Function", 10*60*1000)

func function ()

code goes here

end func

I cant get it to work

ATM with everything imputted all thats happening is it casts a lure and doesnt cast the fishing pole.

It just cycles over and over

• 2 weeks later...