GetActiveWindow - direct function available?

Hello,

searching the old postings I find this one:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...et+activewindow

But I cannot jump to it: "Internal Server Error".

So I apologize for propably asking a old question once more. Is there a simple way to get the currently active window's title? I'm thinking of reading all windows (WinList) and check through all of them which one is the active one.

What for? UltraVNC doesn't send {NUMPADENTER}. I need that key to toggle the active screen in RCONIP.EXE (A tool for remote console access to NetWare Servers). So after clicking in my GUI the "NUMPADENTER" Button I have to wait, until this GUI windows isn't the active window any more. Then I send {NUMPADENTER}. Finally I want to report in my GUI "{NUMPADENTER} has been sent to <activewindow's title>" to a LABEL, for that I need the name of the currently active window.

Is there a direct function returning what's the currently active window?

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Hello,

searching the old postings I find this one:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...et+activewindow

But I cannot jump to it: "Internal Server Error".

So I apologize for propably asking a old question once more. Is there a simple way to get the currently active window's title? I'm thinking of reading all windows (WinList) and check through all of them which one is the active one.

What for? UltraVNC doesn't send {NUMPADENTER}. I need that key to toggle the active screen in RCONIP.EXE (A tool for remote console access to NetWare Servers). So after clicking in my GUI the "NUMPADENTER" Button I have to wait, until this GUI windows isn't the active window any more. Then I send {NUMPADENTER}. Finally I want to report in my GUI "{NUMPADENTER} has been sent to <activewindow's title>" to a LABEL, for that I need the name of the currently active window.

Is there a direct function returning what's the currently active window?

Regards, Rudi.

The currently active window title is returned by WinGetTitle("").

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

The currently active window title is returned by WinGetTitle("").

Thanks!

Is there also a easy way to get the order of the active window's row? Such as you can step through with ALT+TAB.

Hm, how to express: The row you can ALT+TAB through is the order the windows were active last time, how to get that order?

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

• Moderators

Thanks!

Is there also a easy way to get the order of the active window's row? Such as you can step through with ALT+TAB.

Hm, how to express: The row you can ALT+TAB through is the order the windows were active last time, how to get that order?

Regards, Rudi.

Look at WinList().

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.