Project Manager

Dale2507

Here's a script which manages a project's files allowing you to use the #include splitting scripts down to make them easier to manage and still easy to test and compile.

I've included the Koda forms, script file and executable.

post-23582-1204475690_thumb.png

AutoIt_Project_Manager.zip

Things to do

- Allow opening of several projects in same tree.

- Set console to write to a debugger window (currently programming)

- Set to open SciTE when program loads

- Set to add .au3 extension onto file if not already on

Edited by Gmail

I'll test it out soon and tell you what I think :)

Wow! Fairly Good Sir! I like it!

Unuseful because...it saves your file as a $Name not as $Name & ".au3" so...when it trys to edit it with scite it says this file does not have a extension. so...it doesnt work... ;)

Edited by Swift

• 2 weeks later...

soz been a bit busy. I know wot u mean with the .au3 an i'll ave a look at it.

I also need to make it start scite if it isn't already started (unless i put that in already). I would like to put it into the tools in my scite. Anyone have any idea's. If so i'll set it as an option.

Also having some problems with the part where it sends the #include.

Also having some problems with the part where it sends the #include.

Replace

Send ('#include "'&$files[$i][1]&'\'&$files[$i][2]&'"'&@CRLF)

by

Send ('{ASC 035}' & 'include "'&$files[$i][1]&'\'&$files[$i][2]&'"'&@CRLF)

Replace

Send ('#include "'&$files[$i][1]&'\'&$files[$i][2]&'"'&@CRLF)

by

Send ('{ASC 035}' & 'include "'&$files[$i][1]&'\'&$files[$i][2]&'"'&@CRLF)
Hey thanks that works perfectly.

I've also just found that you can open 2 projects at the same time cos it just adds it to the bottom of the tree so this may come in handy for some people. However i think this may be overwriting some of the values in the files array but it has given me an idea and i shall look into it.

I've also fixed a bug with the testing as clicking cancel on the parameters box would still run the script.

Edited by Gmail

I just found out how dangerous this can be.

I created a new project. That part went fine and I browsed to the au3 file. The au3 file was placed in the tree. So far so good. I clicked on the Test menu item and since there are no parameters required I dismissed that input dialog. Then I got a message box stating "Make sure all files used by the project are upto date." (BTW upto should be two words). Nothing happened so I closed Project manager and opened my au3 file. It was blank (didn't start out that way) and blank files don't run well. Fortunatly it was a copy of a script I was working on. It might be a good idea if you created a backup copy (of the origional script) someplace in the process.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I just found out how dangerous this can be.

I created a new project. That part went fine and I browsed to the au3 file. The au3 file was placed in the tree. So far so good. I clicked on the Test menu item and since there are no parameters required I dismissed that input dialog. Then I got a message box stating "Make sure all files used by the project are upto date." (BTW upto should be two words). Nothing happened so I closed Project manager and opened my au3 file. It was blank (didn't start out that way) and blank files don't run well. Fortunatly it was a copy of a script I was working on. It might be a good idea if you created a backup copy (of the origional script) someplace in the process.

Thats rather strange. I've never had that happen before and it shouldn't as there is nothing about writing to scripts in the part of the script for the test menu but i'll look into it anyway.

$Parameters = InputBox ("Parameters", "Please input any parameters to run the main script with.")
If Not @error Then
         $exe = $AutoItDir&'\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe'
         $params = '/run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "'&$Files[0][1]&"\"&$Files[0][2]&'" /autoit3dir "'&$AutoItDir&'" /UserParams '&$parameters
         MsgBox (48, "Project Testing", "Make sure all files used by the project are up to date.")
         $process = Run ($exe, $params)
EndIf

Thanks for the hint about the upto. that's been changed. I've also added a checker so that files are checked to exist before the project is opened and this also lets you find that file. I'va also made it add file extensions on if they aren't already.

• 1 month later...

Soz haven't had time to do much work an this.

For those who want this in the tools menu in autoit (easier to open) here's some code to add to the au3.properties in the options menu. Add this in the command section at the first available space (default 17, line 176)

# 17 Dale2507's Project Manager
command.17.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\ProjectManager\project manager.exe"
command.name.17.$(au3)=Dale2507's Project Manager
command.shortcut.17.$(au3)=Ctrl+Alt+P
command.subsystem.17.$(au3)=2
command.save.before.17.$(au3)=2

Then save and exit

Then Move the .exe to "$(SciteDefaultHome)\ProjectManager\project manager.exe" $(SciteDefaultHome) is usually C:\Program files\AutoIt\Scite

That's it. Press Ctrl Alt and P to open it when you've got a au3 file open