"Blind" window?

I don't know how to explain this, but I'm wondering if AutoIt can "see" the text in this window. I've posted a screenshot. I have included the information from Window Spy.

The program is Personal Communications Workstation Program for Windows version 5.5. It's a mainframe interface emulator that is used for data entry and customer service purposes. What I've posted contains non-crititcal data.

Some additional background: AutoIt can send keystrokes to it, but at this time, I'm sending them completely blind. I've found no way to verify cursor location within the emulator window, or the contents of the on-screen text.

So this lengthy message boils down to this question: Can I get AutoIt to do more than just send blind keystrokes to these emulators?

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

What adsactly would you like to do ?

Sry if I dont get what u mean !

Would you like to select options like File,Edit,Communication,Actions,Windows,help

If so take a look at controlsend and controlclick in the help file

Edited by nova

The answer is extremely simple. If Au3Spy cannot find any text, then neither can autoit. Therefore, you will have to be "blind" for a while.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, I was afraid of that. Ok, thanks anyway.

From the looks of your screenshot you seem to be running the IBM Client Access EXpress for AS400 (or similar). Since it's a telnet session (like a DOS window) it's

not likely that you'll be able to capture any text from it. What I would suggest is the following:

1) Maximize the session

2) Record a keyboard macro with the desired results

3) Then play it back.

4) Code your *.au3 file to activate the window

5) Move the mouse to select the "Play" button

6) Play/Run the macro

7) Repeat as needed.

Just an idea.

RocTx

If it is possible to copy the screen to the clipboard, through the "file" menu, perhaps you can decipher through ClipGet()...

Lar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I have found out that an "Edit/Copy" command with no selected text will copy the entire screen........... I wonder.

:D

Yeah, it works, I just copied the entire window of text to the clipboard with an "Edit/Copy" command and no selection box. Thanks for the nudge. :D

From the looks of your screenshot you seem to be running the IBM Client Access EXpress for AS400 (or similar).  Since it's a telnet session (like a DOS window) it's

not likely that you'll be able to capture any text from it.  What I would suggest is the following:

1) Maximize the session

2) Record a keyboard macro with the desired results

3) Then play it back.

4) Code your *.au3 file to activate the window

5) Move the mouse to select the "Play" button

6) Play/Run the macro

7) Repeat as needed.

Just an idea.

RocTx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Roc: You're correct. :idiot: It's an AS/400 (or similar) telnet client. I currently do a lot of macro recording and work for these emulators as-is, but what I've learned from Larry's post can open up another world of possiblities. I can get it to read the text, it will just have to be through the clipboard. Cursor manipulation will be the difficult part ;) but that's easily fixed by telling the client to start at the same place all the time with a {home} command. :D

This is going to be fun. :lol: