Old Scite4AutoIT3 versions?

• Developers

You probably want AutoIt3 v 3.2.8.1 ?

Its the archive link at the bottom of the downloadspage: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/archive/autoit/

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Why would you need an older version of SciTE4AutoIt3? Genuinely curious question here.

To use with old versions of AutoIt. Some users are reluctant to move on, or once they do they decide to go back.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Developers

Well, there is no need for an archive just for the definition files because the definition files are delivered with the autoit3 installer for a while now. :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sooooo this is really a great discussion, but does anyone have what I'm looking for? I have the definition files on 1 machine, I installed 3.2.8.1, and overwrote the scite directory with the files from 1 machine, it works fine, but I was hoping for the original formal packaged version? The only reason I can't move on is because I have a diskpart.au3 that someone on here made and it doesn't work with the newest version. Otherwise I always update my scripts.

Sooooo this is really a great discussion, but does anyone have what I'm looking for? I have the definition files on 1 machine, I installed 3.2.8.1, and overwrote the scite directory with the files from 1 machine, it works fine, but I was hoping for the original formal packaged version? The only reason I can't move on is because I have a diskpart.au3 that someone on here made and it doesn't work with the newest version. Otherwise I always update my scripts.

So what you want is all of the Scite files that came with AutoIt 3.2.8.1? Those I have as well as for most versions of AutoIt.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I have that already, I was looking for the original packaged Scite4AutoIT3 v3.2.8.1.

As far as I know there has never been a Scite4AutoIT3 v3.2.8.1. I think that the versions are still at 1.?.?.?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I have that already, I was looking for the original packaged Scite4AutoIT3 v3.2.8.1.

I have some older Scite4AutoIt3 versions.

I can upload it somewhere:

SciTE4AutoIt3 2007-09-09.exe

SciTE4AutoIt3 2007-09-09.zip

This is version for AutoIt 3.2.8.1

EDIT: Scite4AutoIT3 is versioned by date only

Edited by Zedna

George is right. You clearly don't understand the relationship between your tools. You can use AutoIt version 3.2.8.1 perfectly fine with whatever the latest version of SciTE is. The two ARE NOT LINKED. I don't know when we started distributing the SciTE syntax definition files with AutoIt itself, but that is the only thing you would need to change with the latest version of SciTE.

Basically, you're saying you want to roll back your entire tool-set to use 1 script when all you need to do is either 1) Update the script; 2) Just down-grade your version of AutoIt. SciTE really has nothing to do with it.

George is right. You clearly don't understand the relationship between your tools. You can use AutoIt version 3.2.8.1 perfectly fine with whatever the latest version of SciTE is. The two ARE NOT LINKED. I don't know when we started distributing the SciTE syntax definition files with AutoIt itself, but that is the only thing you would need to change with the latest version of SciTE.

Basically, you're saying you want to roll back your entire tool-set to use 1 script when all you need to do is either 1) Update the script; 2) Just down-grade your version of AutoIt. SciTE really has nothing to do with it.

That's not true though, because if you install the latest Scite4AutoIT3 then downgrade to 3.2.8.1, at least on my systems this occurs, the Scite files still reference the newer options in AutoIT. For example, RunAsSet is gone, it's now RunAs... so in 3.2.8.1 it was still RunAsSet. If I go to write a new line of code, you know how it automatically suggests afunction based on what you type? The downgrade will suggest RunAs, and not RunAsSet, so when I continue typing and do all the settings for that line, it doesn't turn it the correct color, or do the things Scite normally would with a command that it recognizes. Further, if you compile, it compiles it based on the newer settings, so if you try and use an "older" command even though the right version of AutoIT is installed Scite fails with a warning that you're using an unknown command within the script.

Run UpdateDefs.exe in your Scite/Defs directory or use the shortcut in the start menu to change definitions. Scite4AutoIt3 is made for Production/Beta usage and the choice is up to you, which means you choose the definitions to use.

• Developers

NEXT!

Next what ?

Is this a "NEXT" as in "You shut up because you don't know what you are talking about" ?

As Zedna states: "SciTE4AutoIt3" doesn't have a visioning other than date because its a compilation of many tools with different version.

Try as Mhz suggests, that should work when the SciTE\Defs\production\ directory contains the correct files.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 6 years later...

Recolor your version, or load one of the the other schemes from inside the SciTEConfig tool, under Editor Colors tab.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator