Object Selection

Hey,

Im pretty new at this and have been playing around with PixelSearch and MouseClick, but find that this method doesnt work very efficiently.

My question is this:

Is it possible to click a specified object within a picture? And if so, how do i go about doing this?

(I dont really know what GUI's are... do these apply? :) )

Thanks for any help!

red

Hey,

Im pretty new at this and have been playing around with PixelSearch and MouseClick, but find that this method doesnt work very efficiently.

My question is this:

Is it possible to click a specified object within a picture? And if so, how do i go about doing this?

(I dont really know what GUI's are... do these apply? :) )

Assuming you mean a .jpg or .gif:

A 'picture' is a group of dots called 'pixels'. You seem to get that OK.

Which pixels form a letter "A", or an apple, or a line, is more that AutoIt can tell. You seem to have missed that point.

Making computers recognize what is represented by the pixels in a picture is one the most complex and intensive kinds of programming there is. AutoIt is simply not an appropriate language for that kind of work.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law