Newbie help - WinMove inconsistent

Well, this is my first post so please be gentle. :)

I am having inconsistent results with WinMove. The same script works on some systems but not others but I can't discerne the pattern. Are there any known quirks with the WinMove function? The program opens in the middle of the screen and I want to move it to upper left corner.

WinMove("Title of Program", "", 0, 0)

I tried WinTitleMatchMode in various modes. I tried using a window handle. I confirmed the title is correct using the Au3Info utility. I even confirmed that WinMove returns a 1 but the program window does not budge.

Any ideas or alternative methods?

Thanks,

--Spatula

Well, this is my first post so please be gentle. ;)

I am having inconsistent results with WinMove. The same script works on some systems but not others but I can't discerne the pattern. Are there any known quirks with the WinMove function? The program opens in the middle of the screen and I want to move it to upper left corner.

WinMove("Title of Program", "", 0, 0)

I tried WinTitleMatchMode in various modes. I tried using a window handle. I confirmed the title is correct using the Au3Info utility. I even confirmed that WinMove returns a 1 but the program window does not budge.

Any ideas or alternative methods?

Thanks,

--Spatula

What happens if you do something else to the window, like minimize then restore it? Does that work OK, proving you have the right window? What if you just do WinGetTitle() and WinGetText() and display them... does what you get match the expected window?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

None of the AutoIt Window functions work on that window. WinGetTitle("") returned the exact name I was expecting. WinGetText("") showed me text from the UI of the program. I used some of this text instead of the title and that worked!

WinMove("", "text from UI", 0, 0)

I still don't know why the title does not work but at least it is working now. Thank you.

--Spatula