Yahoo mail checker/sender

Hello!

I'm developing a program that checks my mail for new letters and sends ones. It was not so hard but now I'm stuck. I created all the rest but I can't make it to write the email text on the text area. Would you please help me?

This should be the text area for the body text

<textarea name="Body" id="bodyfield" style="display:none;"></textarea>

but

$body = _IEGetObjByName($ie, "Body")
_IEFormElementSetValue($body, "Hello!")

or

$body = _IEGetObjById($ie, "bodyfield")

doesn't work and I don't understand why. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

try to use

send("{TAB}") !

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

i don't think that send() is what he wants.... i think he really wants to do it with the _ie funcs :) ... btw it should work...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former -Alber EinsteinPractice makes perfect! but nobody's perfect so why practice at all?http://forum.ambrozie.ro

try to use

send("{TAB}") !

I really try to evade all send("{TAB}") and mouseclick functions in my programs as they don't work sometimes as you want and personaly I think it is some kind of unprofessional (is there a word like this?) I try to do it in the right (and also hard) way.

@alexmadman it realy doesn't wok

any suggestions?

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

I really try to evade all send("{TAB}") and mouseclick functions in my programs as they don't work sometimes as you want and personaly I think it is some kind of unprofessional (is there a word like this?) I try to do it in the right (and also hard) way.

@alexmadman it realy doesn't wok

any suggestions?

yea yeah, go with your professtional, i'm sick of listening these words !

I'm developing a program that checks my mail

you told that you write this for yourself so who'll use it ? and will they say that "OMg, he's noob" with the TAB sendkey ?

and personal to me, a program works is more important than how it works

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

Hello!

I'm developing a program that checks my mail for new letters and sends ones. It was not so hard but now I'm stuck. I created all the rest but I can't make it to write the email text on the text area. Would you please help me?

This should be the text area for the body text

<textarea name="Body" id="bodyfield" style="display:none;"></textarea>

but

$body = _IEGetObjByName($ie, "Body")

or

$body = _IEGetObjById($ie, "bodyfield")

doesn't work and I don't understand why. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Your code looks fine, however, given the choice I would use the ID=bodyfield rather than the name=body as the later has the potential of confusing the DOM because of potential name confusion with the BODY element.

Are there any messages sent to the SciTe console? If you have the right element and it is not working, I would expect there to be.

If there are no messages to the console, the most likely issue is that you don't actually have the correct element, it is working, but the text is not going where you expect it. You may want to verify by looking at things like _IEPropertyGet($body, "outerHTML") to insure it is what you expect it to be.

Also, strongly suggest using DebugBar if you are not already.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Your code looks fine, however, given the choice I would use the ID=bodyfield rather than the name=body as the later has the potential of confusing the DOM because of potential name confusion with the BODY element.

Are there any messages sent to the SciTe console? If you have the right element and it is not working, I would expect there to be.

If there are no messages to the console, the most likely issue is that you don't actually have the correct element, it is working, but the text is not going where you expect it. You may want to verify by looking at things like _IEPropertyGet($body, "outerHTML") to insure it is what you expect it to be.

Also, strongly suggest using DebugBar if you are not already.

Dale

Thank you, Dale

There are no messages to the console. I think this is the right element because it is below a button and above a checkbox and its code appears right after the button code and just before the checkbox code. I downloaded DebugBar and looks awesome. It will save me a lot of time in future. When I draged the target from the debugbar to the text area this is what I got

<BODY id=0 style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none; FONT-FAMILY: arial"></BODY>

In situations like this when I'm not sure that I'm working with the right element I do this

$br=0
$forms = _IEFormGetCollection($ie)
For $form in $forms
    $elements = _IEFormElementGetCollection($form)
    For $i in $elements
        $br+=1
        _IEFormElementSetValue($i, $br)
    Next
NextoÝ÷ ÙK.jYriû^®ØZ´Ç¶§ºfÞ®íçâzWZÛazwhjëh×6If $br==$elnum Then _IEPropertyGet($i, "outerHTML")
but now all other fields get a number EXCEPT the one that I need :) and again I have no idea why. Does it have something to with the thing that style="display:none;"? Any other sugestions?

Thanks

Edited by muhmuuh

Yey I found a solution! :)

There is a img link 'Paste' so I do

_ClipBoard_SetData ("Hello!")
_IEImgClick($ie, $paste)

but I still would like to learn how to make it with the IE functions

Edited by muhmuuh

OK, I do think there is some name confusion or confusion on your part. Please notice that your first post included a textarea and you last with DebugBar showed a BODY element. Something's wrong.

Is there an iFrame involved? Is there more than one element with the same ID?

Either the DOM is confused by name collision, there are frames, or you're confused by the page structure.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble