FileOpenDialog returns full path for .lnk

I'm using FileOpenDialog to select some files, save them to a file. I'm using XP and when I select a shortcut or .lnk file using FileOpenDialog, it returns the path to the file that the link refers to. I want it to return the path to the lnk file and the lnk file name as it does for non-lnk files. Any suggestions?

hmmm this is more difficult I was thinking before...

Sory but I think that my experience is to low to answer you this question :)

Only solution that i have on my mind i to use

$var = FileSelectFolder("Choose a folder.", "")

and next add the name of .lnk file but this isn comfortable solution. Sorry and good luck !

I'm using FileOpenDialog to select some files, save them to a file. I'm using XP and when I select a shortcut or .lnk file using FileOpenDialog, it returns the path to the file that the link refers to. I want it to return the path to the lnk file and the lnk file name as it does for non-lnk files. Any suggestions?

The only way I've found (though I've not looked into it that much in the past) is to distinctly specify .LNK as the file filter in the dialog.

Example:

$var = FileOpenDialog("Select shortcut...","","Shortcuts (*.lnk)")
If StringRight($var,4) = ".lnk" Then
    MsgBox(0,0,"Link File: " &$var)
Else
    MsgBox(0,0,"Target File: " &$var)
EndIf

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]