FTP.au3 resuming an upload

OK I've been looking, page after page after page. I've yet to find anything on being able to resume an upload if the connection is broken. Anyone have a link or an idea of that one? I'm just getting into the FTP and know I'm going to hit that question.

Ya, while I haven't tested everything, and haven't even started the code, I can picture a large file loosing connection and me not wanting to start it over. As I'll be writing this for people that can't even use simple FTP software, I will need to assume for a lot. I'm sure some if not all files will be large and it would be better to resume rather than overwrite and start over. I'm just figured someone had probably dealt with this issue before.

More important than resuming upload is have server that wants to resume downloading. Im not sure about ability of making some like this. But I wish good luck ! :)

EDIT:

Sory my fault it IS possible to made something like that ;)

Edited by Uriziel01

• 8 months later...

InetGet("abort")

I have trouble with "abort" :-(

I run InetGet("ftp://ftp.xyz.com/..."&$FileName, $TmpDir &$FileNameTmp, 1, 1) and have a loop around looking for speed and progress. Sometimes the download breaks down and I would like to retry.

But now, shit happens - after calling InetGet("abort") my GUI will not come back.

By using cports.exe (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html) I see a port-21-connection established, but no data running. When killing the connection with cports, AutoIT gives back at once.

So independent, what I try, there is no way to kill the broken download and restart a new one.

To reproduce this: The XP-PC is on a Ethernet-switch, the Internet-Router is also connected to the switch. While the download is running, I set the public-interface between router and internet down and have the problem. By simply disconnecting cables from the switch or stop traffic by personal-firewall it's different and not realistic, my internal network ist stable.

• 3 weeks later...