AutoiTRON - Complete rewrite

monoceres

Thought I never update this...?

New version! - Complete rewrite!

I took a look at this project some time ago and the source looked like sh*t.

So I decided to rewrite every single line and apply the things I learned since the first release.

I'm actually quite proud of the result so here it goes ;)

http://monoceres.se/Uploads/autoiTron.zip

Controls:

P1: WASD

P2: Arrow up,down,left,right

Backing in menus, exiting: Esc key

New game: Spacebar

I tested this on xp in my virtual machine and it had two problems (no in game text and the floor isn't probably collision detected), but I'm not sure if it's my VM or xp so it would be great if someone running xp could confirm so I could fix it :)

And for archive purpose, here's the old version:

autoitron.rar

Note: Even though the bot it rewritten it's still equally dumb as before. AI is hard!

Edited by monoceres

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woow! Im supriesed ! This is realy simple but also really good coded script ;) You may add some sound or graphics, but from the coding site i dont see any misteakes (meaby add some options like setting the colors and speed ?) Keep it going ! :)

Little bugs I have founded:

1)If I manualy change the speed (change sleep's) colision detect is bugy

2)Few times after runing the script i havent the board with "Press Space" label, the whole screen was grey

Edited by Uriziel01

Great!

But I think to use prospeed to improve graphics.

Só o que posso lhe dizer, bom é quando faz mal!My work:Au3Irrlicht - Irrlicht for AutoItMsAgentLib - An UDF for MSAgentAu3GlPlugin T2 - A 3D plugin for AutoIt...OpenGl Plugin - The old version of Au3GlPlugin.MAC Address Changer - Changes the MAC AddressItCopter - A dragonfly R/C helicopter simulator

VW Bug user

Pinheiral (Pinewood) city:

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinheiral

Thank you for your comments!

Little bugs I have founded:

1)If I manualy change the speed (change sleep's) colision detect is bugy

2)Few times after runing the script i havent the board with "Press Space" label, the whole screen was grey

1) What sleep did you test? I don't have any problems changing the sleep (The collision detection shouldn't be affacted by sleep)

2) Since I don't use a grey brush it must be the background color of the GUI, maybe it was redrawn?

If it's because the window was redrawn, I will fix this in next release with GUIRegisterMsg()

But I think to use prospeed to improve graphics.

I will definitly look into it! It looks really great!

When I open it all that is show is a solid grey screen, no instructions or anything. Pressing space starts the game but this just seemed strange.

That is strange, GDI should clear the screen to black after started and the text should be visible :)

Maybe GDI didn't start up properly?

Edited by monoceres

awsome idea :) i love it.

bug:

-if you crash into yourself you win.

-if they hit head to head they both win.

Edited by Alek

[font="Impact"]Never fear, I is here.[/font]

bug:

-if you crash into yourself you win.

-if they hit head to head they both win.

Well the first I haven't been able to reproduce (are you sure player 1 won when he crashed into himself?) and the second is exactly like I made it :)

Very neat. We need the bot so we can play single player :).

ideas:

>Bot: 3 difficulties (st00pid, good, awesome) -- or 2 (good and awesome)

>Lives (start with 3), get new life after x seconds alive (timer reset upon dying)

>Bonuses:

(common, frequent spawn)

.Place Bomb...... Spell. Place a bomb nearby you (at the time of casting). Bomb acts as a wall.

.Remove Bomb.. Spell. Disarms a nearby bomb (if any).

(not so common)

.Sticky Shoes ... Enchantment. slow yourself down for x seconds

.Haste Other ..... Hex. Speed up opponent (if more than 1 opponent, speed up random opponent) for x seconds

.Eraser ............ Spell. cut (erase) part of your 'tail'

.Magic Mirror .... Enchantment. For x seconds, next time you get a hex, it fails & the one casted it gets that hex instead.

.Steal Shoes...... Spell. Strip off opponent's enchantment (if any). If any enchantment stripped, you gain a random spell.

.Transfer Hex..... Spell. Transfers one hex and its remaining duration from you (if any) to nearest opponent.

.Lower IQ.......... Hex. For x seconds, next time target uses a spell or casts an enchantment, it fails.

(rare spawn)

.Restoration....... Rare Enchantment. For x seconds, you cannot be hexed and if you die, you will gain 1 life back. If this enchantment ends prematurely, you gain a random spell.

... you can tell I play Guild Wars ;)

I have been woring on the bot today and it's a real pain in the ass! I'm currently working the basic survival instinct and it's quite annoying, so don't excpect to much on the IQ of the bot :)

Really like your idea with bonuses maybe I include it in future releases!

Slight bug with the bot.

Posted Image

Also got this error when the bot tried to hit the floor.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jim\Desktop\TRON.au3 (285) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.: 
If $grid[Ceiling(($fx2 + ($size * $fx2dir)) / $size) ][Ceiling(($fy2 + ($fy2dir * $size)) / $size) ] = True Then 
If ^ ERROR
Edited by Deltaforce229

[size="1"]Please stop confusing "how to" with "how do"[/size]