AutoiTRON - Complete rewrite

monoceres

The "wall" problem is because of resolution, it works flawlessy on some resolutions and on other it crashes :D But hopefully I will be able to fix this.

In the new version I'm working on background image is already implemented :) It looks really nice!

Player names and colours are also being added although I don't know how to make it look good. I first tried using basic controls but after I used GUICtrlDelete() on them _IsPressed() doesn't work properly and there is a pling sound everytime a key is pressed, If anyone knows how to solve this it would greatly help me in adding a nice options interface ;)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New version!

Background, sound and wall-bug killed.

Even though no more crashes will occour the edge of the "game area" will not always be at the edge of the screen. The edges will be drawn in next release.

I still get this with latest version:

Line 338  (File "C:\Documents and Settings\Ärkeskäggot\Skrivbord\autoiTRON.au3"):

If $grid[Ceiling(($fx + ($size * $fxdir)) / $size) ][Ceiling(($fy + ($fydir * $size)) / $size) ] = True Then
If ^ ERROR

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

• 2 weeks later...

Works - but, not having played a "Tron" game before, I'm not sure if it is working right...

What's the goal of the game, run into the flat side of the opponent's line? (causes a win...? too easy/unavoidable?)

I think I'm missing something :)

Some things:

-Selecting "Advanced Options" just starts a Single-Player game.

-When playing a Single-Player game, the "Tron Bot" only goes straight.

-When playing a Single-Player game, the controls do not respond (usually), instead you keep going straight.

It's very cool though! :)

Edited by crashdemons

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

Works - but, not having played a "Tron" game before, I'm not sure if it is working right...

What's the goal of the game, run into the flat side of the opponent's line? (causes a win...? too easy/unavoidable?)

I think I'm missing something :)

Some things:

-When playing a Single-Player game, the "Tron Bot" only goes straight.

-When playing a Single-Player game, the controls do not respond (usually), instead you keep going straight.

It's very cool though! :)

If you play player1 vs tron bot, your controls are AWSD i belive..and if your 2 player, its up down left right.

What's the goal of the game, run into the flat side of the opponent's line?

It's the exact opposite :)

I know, shame on me.. I didn't have enough mental powers to finish the advanced options section :)

excusme but appears that i don have GDIplus.au3 in my system, why? i would have it? I use auto it 3, not beta. Where i found this file?

Download latest version of AutoIt v3 here and try again. GDIPlus.au3 file is included with AutoIt from version v3.2.9.3 in standard UDF library. Means: you can include it in your AutoIt file like this:

#include <GDIPlus.au3>
Edited by i486

I can do signature me.

• 4 months later...

I like the newer version, but the game iniationation takes WAY too long. Like 25+ seconds just to get to the main menu?

Yep, I second that.. Maybe a little faster... You dont really need the autoit logo , and developed in autoit... you can put that in credits :P

I like the music too.. Its really nice =) And the credits effect..

code

This is great :P I love it .......

The Bot is way to smart.. .you should make easy medium and hard....

No way he's too smart... he's really dumb :P

I like the newer version, but the game iniationation takes WAY too long. Like 25+ seconds just to get to the main menu?

You can turn off the intro in options or press the spacebar anytime during the intro to skip it :o

No way he's too smart... he's really dumb :P

You can turn off the intro in options or press the spacebar anytime during the intro to skip it :P

Hes not exactly smart... The bot actually makes it seem as a bot.. (<- Stupidest thing ive ever said) ... It like gets really close to you and then one pixel away it moves then it goes all the way to the corner where you cant even see it... I dont see where im going with this so ill stop... lol

code