"ByRef $o_object" in IE Management

This is a totally newbie question. I was not able to figure out how to do the 2nd step: (1) click link#4 from URL1, which becomes URL2, (2) click link #5 from URL2

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IEcreate (URL1)

_IELinkClickByIndex ($oIE, 4)

winwait (URL2)

_IELinkClickByIndex (?, 5)

What do I use for ? Since URL2 was arrived by clicking from URL1, I cannot use IEcreate or IENavigate to assign new $oIE, what is the solution?

Thanks.

Edited by zeng

This is a totally newbie question. I was not able to figure out how to do the 2nd step: (1) click link#4 from URL1, which becomes URL2, (2) click link #5 from URL2

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IEcreate (URL1)

winwait (URL2)

What do I use for ? Since URL2 was arrived by clicking from URL1, I cannot use IEcreate or IENavigate to assign new $oIE, what is the solution?

Thanks.

Ah, but here you will find something interesting. Hopefully the following will help you understand :)

#include <IE.au3>
$oIe = _IECreate ("www.autoitscript.com", 1, 1, 1)
$location = _IEPropertyGet ($oIe, "locationurl")
MsgBox (0, "Location of $oIe is...", $location)
_IENavigate ($oIe, "www.google.com", 1)
$location = _IEPropertyGet ($oIe, "locationurl")
MsgBox (0, "Location of $oIe is...", $location)

Not quite sure where your problem is, as I don't have enough of your code to test with, now what the website is. I'm sure Dale will pop in later to clear up any other questions...

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IEcreate (URL1)

winwait (URL2)

Thanks.

You should use _IELinkClickByIndex ($oIE, 5). $oIE points (maybe not the correct word) to the window, not to the url if that makes any sense. Also if you want to wait until the page is loaded completely I sugest you use _IELoadWait() instead of winwait.

I hope I helped you.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.