Best way to move mouse click then move back

I am unsure which method would be the best to use:

_GUICtrlToolbar_ClickButton()

or something involving

DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SetCursorPos", "int", $x, "int", $y)

I'm refreshing icons in the system tray so I want this to click on each button without disturbing what is going on with the mouse. I'm currently using _GUICtrlToolbar_ClickButton() and I see the mouse flicker a bit when its running. Also if I move the mouse while it is doing the tray refresh, sometimes it misses an icon down there. I was wondering if there is a way to click on icons in the tray without even moving the mouse, or if using dllcall with user32.dll might be a better solution for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering if there is a way to click on icons in the tray without even moving the mouse, or if using dllcall with user32.dll might be a better solution for me.

I am 90% sure that there is no easy/clean solution for dealing with anything in the system tray. The mouse must actually position itself over each icon manually and you will see at least a brief flicker of the mouse. Valik wrote a function years ago that refreshes the system tray by doing just this. Try analyzing that function for ways to optimize what you are trying to accomplish.

Valik's function.

*Hint: It does use SetCursorPos to move the mouse as it is faster than MouseMove. This is noted in the preamble.

Edited by Saunders