Menu system

Nova

Ive been working on this script for ages, adding the odd bit 2 it every now and then for the past few weeks and I finally finished it this morning.

Its really just a cool menu structure idea, that I think could be used for tuns of different things !

Anyone whos intrested in custom Gui's this is really a big upgrade on my last project the desktop add_on menu.

Tnx to Lar for his amazing dll, 2 SlimShady for helping ages ago with a case select problem, 2 JdeB for his quick crash course in Global varibles, and 2 everyone that replys to my many annoying questions on the support forum !

Enjoy :idiot:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes

Edit:I forgot to add ,You use the d-pad to navigate,enter to select and esc to return to the previous menu.

-Plz set ur screen res to 1024x769 the pics wont line up properly otherwise !-Ive you have these hotkeys used up by other scripts plz exit them before running !

-Ive attached a zipped folder which included images, sounds,Larrys dll and the source.au3

-To run the script extract all files to a locaton of your choice right click Menu_demo.au3 and select Run.

-Ive tested this script on 3 of my home computers and the graphic movement speed really depends on how fast ur pc is !

So im sure some of you will think that the graphics move too slow, and some of you will think that they move to fast. (I need ideas on how to fix the movement time)

Please post your comments, suggestions, ideas and of course the bugs you find !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by nova

Very creative. Surprised me. Just as well you supplied the password, so I could get my desktop back. :idiot:

Perhaps alittle slow on my 3GHz 800MHz front side bus processor with fx5900 ultra video card? Do you mean it can go slower? Do not stretch it out out too much else people will lose attention.

Graphics 9/10

Well done Nova.

Tnx MHz

Just as well you supplied the password, so I could get my desktop back.

The 3rd menu option Exit also exits the script ! <did it not work for you ?>

The best pc ive ran it on is 2.8 GHZ, 1GB ram ,with surprisingly the same fx5900 ultra video card.

I need sujestions speeding it up !

Edited by nova

Exit works. Get a different transitional effect. Those 4 blue things move good at first, then move slooow and jerky. Fix that issue and it should be sweet. :idiot:

I got 1 Gb of ram but I do not think this is memory hungry.

Edit: Are those floating exit etc pics supposed to line up on top of the fixed pics?

Edited by MHz

Those 4 blue things move good at first, then move slooow and jerky

Thats odd the speed is consistant for me ! ill keep testing it I have a real old laptop here that should be a struggle !

Are those floating exit etc pics supposed to line up on top of the fixed pics?

Are the graphics overlapping at a certain point on u ? I havnt seen this happn in my latest testing, can u show me a screen shot ?

Dam ur rite I forgot I use res change to set the res to 1024x768 in my script

I took that line out becasue I thinks its Ignorant to change someones elses screen res with out their consent !

Changing res messes up the alignment of desktops shifting icons all over the place

I wrote and tested the script in 1024x769 :">

Edited by nova

Just a case select for each common resolution maybe

example, I have used this for position Rainlendar's ini settings.

Select
      Case $width = '640'
         $x = '469'
         $y = '304'
      Case $width = '800'
         $x = '619'
         $y = '449'
      Case $width = '1024'
         $x = '840'
         $y = '614'
      Case $width = '1280'
         $x = '1084'
         $y = '844'
      Case $width = '1600'
         $x = '1084'
         $y = '844'
   EndSelect

There was a post not too long ago on changing screen res. I think that larry's new dll can do it too, but thats just off the top of my head.

BTW : thats prett sweet, I was thinking bout making a mock OS in autoit for fun, after you made the script that had a full black backround and a single input to log on (the pass to it was 'correct')

i dont like the sounds.....

Edit

Func None()

EndFunc
woot nice func

suggestion: make the blue things move faster, I hate waiting for them

Edited by killaz219

Larry's new dll can change the screen res !

I just dnt want to mess with ppls desktop prefrences,i personly hate re-aranging my desktop icons after a res change !

i dont like the sounds.....

Neither do I :D there standard windows sounds, best i could find on such sort notice.

suggestion: make the blue things move faster, I hate waiting for them

Ive tryed ,believe me ive tryed and im still open to ideas on makeing a set graphic translation speed. I suggested a win translation function about a month ago but not enough ppl wer intrested in such a feature. :idiot:

I was thinking bout making a mock OS in autoit for fun, after you made the script that had a full black backround and a single input to log on.

An os hum.....sounds like a challange, i remember the code always glad to inspire !

Woot nice func.

Hehe yea i quite like that 1 myself. Edited by nova

Ok i took some suggestions into account

Tnx for ur idea josbe

Ive tryed setting WinWaitDelay to 0 but sadly seeing as its default value is 250ms It dosent really speed things up noticeble at all ,well not that I can see anyway !

Mhz tnx for the idea on the select res case ,but in the compiled version im just going to use Larrys dllto set the res to 1024x769 before the graphics are loaded.

As for bshoenhair's comment

I just tested, nice but sure is a resource hog.

Not quite sure what u mean, In all my testing it dosent seem to hog resources at all the graphics just move slow !

Can u plz explain what u ment in more detail ?

So the overall responce I seem to be getting is its gud but I need to

make the blue things move faster

:idiot:

Im seriously trying but I dont see a way as of yet

Any ideas ?

Edited by nova

Ive been working on this script for ages, adding the odd bit 2 it every now and then for the past few weeks and I finally finished it this morning.

Its really just a cool menu structure idea, that I think could be used for tuns of different things !

Anyone whos intrested in custom Gui's this is really a big upgrade on my last project the desktop add_on menu.

Tnx to Lar for his amazing dll, 2 SlimShady for helping ages ago with a case select problem, 2 JdeB for his quick crash course in Global varibles, and 2 everyone that replys to my many annoying questions on the support forum !

Enjoy  :lol:

Notes

Edit:I forgot to add ,You use the d-pad to navigate,enter to select and esc to return to the previous menu.

-Plz set ur screen res to 1024x769 the pics wont line up properly otherwise !-Ive you have these hotkeys used up by other scripts plz exit them before running !

-Ive attached a zipped folder which included images, sounds,Larrys dll and the source.au3

-To run the script extract all files to a locaton of your choice right click Menu_demo.au3 and select Run.  

-Ive tested this script on 3 of my home computers and the graphic movement speed really depends on how fast ur pc is !

So im sure some of you will think that the graphics move too slow, and some of you will think that they move to fast. (I need ideas on how to fix the movement time)

Please post your comments, suggestions, ideas and of course the bugs you find !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Nova :idiot: i have download your Menu_demo but wen i start the Menu_demo.au3 then come his error box!But i have many code exampel from Gui Testet no wörks for me,wat i ned for run your Menu_demo i have installed Autoit and Scite !Wat i make wrong to use the Gui Scripts=? :D

Thx for any help ;)

I use Destop 1024*768*32BIt Settings wats wrong?

Posted Image

Edited by DirtyBanditos

@nova

What I meant when I said it is a resource hog was:

I have a CPU meter that measures the CPU usage of the appz that are running and when I run your script it maxes the CPU meter at 100%. When I try to end the process of your script it takes awhile for the task manager to appear and once the task manager appears it is very sluggish until I finally end your script.

My computer is a 1.2G with 512DDR Ram running WinXP Pro.

Edited by bshoenhair