Where does a newbie like me start?

Hi, I'm totally new to scripting, but this program looks fun, i'm not so good at english~where could i start reading in order to learn the language of AutoIT v3?just need a little help with starting!

Am i able to write a script and change it to an exe file that you could send to a friend and he could just open it and it starting working the script without installing anything?

thanks

in the help file choose Index tab & you will see many interesting functions:

these couple are tho most used i guess:

MouseMove()
mouseclick()
hotkeyset()
send()
controlsend()
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

In my opinion the help file is the place to start. First the Tutorial section. It's simple but gives a taste of the automation part of the language. Then read the Language Reference section. Just read it fast for now and go back there when you encounter stuff you don't remember or understand. Then make your self familiar with the Function Reference section. There are so amny samples in the help file and we can all learn a little from them..:)

Happy scripting