Is this possible?

Whenever I slide my window around I created child windows and they slide around with it to. My problem is complicated so I hope I don't confuse you.

Is it possible to have the child windows already in the parent window stay in the parent but when I move the child out on the desktop out of its parent it will not follow the parent window whenever I move it. Possible?

Thanks

Whenever I slide my window around I created child windows and they slide around with it to. My problem is complicated so I hope I don't confuse you.

Is it possible to have the child windows already in the parent window stay in the parent but when I move the child out on the desktop out of its parent it will not follow the parent window whenever I move it. Possible?

Thanks

HI,

sure why not? You need to check the WinGetPos.

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Ok, so I would somehow have to use WinGetPos when I move my parent GUI so it can locate where the childs are. What if I have like 30 childs which is likely?

I dont see how WinGetPos would help. If you have a suggestion or advice I'm all ears. Thanks

• Moderators

@Xeno:

Next time don't answer if you dont know the answer.

Next time you want answers to questions you can't find on your own, don't shoot down anyone attempting to.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

I've been in the helpfile for 20 minutes and obviously haven't found the answer so correct your statement. I need more help.

And your point being? That's no reason for us to drop all that we are doing to find a thread where a new user has decided to get pissy with someone because they haven't written the code out for them specifically ... or explained in detail on what they were thinking by giving a main function to look at.

To be honest, I have no idea what your trying to even manipulate, whether it be an AutoIt self made GUI or another applications GUI. How do we test it specifically before we post to give you an educated answer if we don't have the tools required by you to help you specifically?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

yeah and now hes throwing a hissy fit in this thread.

this guy is really pissed off

I see that, both of you are about take a vacation.

• Moderators

Woo I so need a vacation...

Sure...