How are most of you running AutoIt?

stompbox

Myself, double click on the script, after I have tested it a zillion times I will compile it and let it loose on the school network.......

The kids think its magic when they see text appear automatically without any key presses in front of them....

Officially, AutoIt is "unnapproved software" at my place of buisness, so I have to use a .zip install and extract without making registry entries. Big Brother regularly scans the registry for uninstall information for "unauthorized software." So, that makes it a bit of a pain to test scripts (manually run the autoit.exe and load the script).

Myself, double click on the script, after I have tested it a zillion times I will compile it and let it loose on the school network.......

I do the same. Long ammounts of testing, tweaking, improving, removing, and asking tons of questions here before releasing to a few people for additional testing as a compiled (but unencrypted) script.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

• Developers

Are most of you using a text editor, then double clicking the script or????

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, Double click opens the script in the SciTE editor.... and then:

F5 runs it ....

F7 Compiles it ....

Ctrl+F7 Au3Check/Compiles and update the program resources.

Ctrl+9 Tidy's it .....

Ctrl+F5 AU3Checks it ...

Etc.. :idiot:

Check the SciTE4AutoIt3 ... Link below :D

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Officially, AutoIt is "unnapproved software" at my place of buisness, so I have to use a .zip install and extract without making registry entries. ....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would this work for you:

Save AutoIt3.exe and your scripts on the Desktop. Drag and drop any scripts onto AutoIt3

Or perhaps you could use this trick to modify a generic registry key to add a "Run AutoIt Script" option to the right-click menu....

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Nope, Double click opens the script in the SciTE editor.... and then: 

F5 runs it ....

F7 Compiles it .... 

Ctrl+F7 Au3Check/Compiles and update the program resources.

Ctrl+9 Tidy's it .....

Ctrl+F5 AU3Checks it ...

Etc..  :idiot:

Check the SciTE4AutoIt3 ... Link below  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It depends on what you set defult of double click to :D

• Developers

It depends on what you set defult of double click to  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No... :idiot: .. because the question was how i am running autoit and i have it set to open the script with SciTE on doubleclick :lol:;):D

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Officially, AutoIt is "unnapproved software" at my place of buisness, so I have to use a .zip install and extract without making registry entries.

Must be a bit of a bummer that - I don't have much of a problem there as I am the only person who runs the school network - [ well I have a manager who just lets me get on with it ]

It must be frustrating to be in a work place in which you cannot do certain aspects.

I recently got made redundant from Safeway Head Office In Hayes - Moronsons - sorry, Morrisons took us over. I worked in the IT dept and was responsible for the AV solution accross the head office using Trend Officescan. I wrote a few scripts using ver 2 to aid this. The only issue I had was other people and depts saying the code I had done and the work was all their doing. Tossers. As the code was compiled and only myself knew what was in it and what it did, then walking away was not difficult.

I'm glad in the end I did go when I did because my new job pisses all over my old one.

Edited by MattX

I can't remember running a script by double-clicking an AU3 file...

• All my serious scripts are always compiled to EXE;
  • And I run experiments or development from TextPad: I have a tool assigned to F5 which allows me to run any script(s) I have open, "straight" from the editor.
:idiot:

Testing and debugging are run from the Scite editor. Completed scripts are usually not compiled but run from another script that is a GUI of labels created dynamically from a text file. One click to open the GUI from the office toolbar and one clict to launch the script.

Would this work for you:

Save AutoIt3.exe and your scripts on the Desktop.  Drag and drop any scripts onto AutoIt3

Or perhaps you could use this trick to modify a generic registry key to add a "Run AutoIt Script" option to the right-click menu....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Must be a bit of a bummer that - I don't have much of a problem there as I am the only person who runs the school network - [ well I have a manager who just lets me get on with it ]

It must be frustrating to be in a work place in which you cannot do certain aspects.

I recently got made redundant from Safeway Head Office In Hayes - Moronsons - sorry, Morrisons took us over. I worked in the IT dept and was responsible for the AV solution accross the head office using Trend Officescan. I wrote a few scripts using ver 2 to aid this. The only issue I had was other people and depts saying the code I had done and the work was all their doing. Tossers. As the code was compiled and only myself knew what was in it and what it did, then walking away was not difficult.

I'm glad in the end I did go when I did because my new job pisses all over my old one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I solved the problem by manually installing the .zip of the SciTE for AutoIt and then editing the config files to point to the proper directories. Now F5 works for me too!

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache