Transparant main gui

how to do transparent gui thatway buttons ,edits, listbox, and other objects are still visible?

i tried this but it makes it black

$Form1 = GUICreate("taskbar", 20 + 75 * 4 +20, @DesktopHeight - 75, @DesktopWidth - 20 - 75 * 4 -20, 15, $WS_POPUP)
GUISetBkColor($GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT)

and if i use

WinSetTrans()

then it makes buttoins, edits, listbox, and other objects transparent too,but i neet that anything you create with guictrlcreate is clearly visible

I'm sure there is another way to do this, but one way could be to use a transparent picture as the background. I dunno if it would work, but you could try it...

Edited by Paulie

how to do transparent gui thatway buttons ,edits, listbox, and other objects are still visible?

i tried this but it makes it black

$Form1 = GUICreate("taskbar", 20 + 75 * 4 +20, @DesktopHeight - 75, @DesktopWidth - 20 - 75 * 4 -20, 15, $WS_POPUP)
GUISetBkColor($GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT)

and if i use

WinSetTrans()

then it makes buttoins, edits, listbox, and other objects transparent too,but i neet that anything you create with guictrlcreate is clearly visible

There are various ways.

This is perhaps the easiest by MsCreatoR.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

i have same problem, my "text" background on my selectable radio's is just the normal background color, i need it to be transparent, please help.

I would try no text for the radios and instead use a label with transparent background.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I'm sure there is another way to do this, but one way would be to use a transparent picture as the background. I dunno if it would work, but you could try it...

If you have the window extended style a s$WS_EX_LAYERED then have a pic using GuiCtrlCreatePic with a bitmap, then whatever colour is top left of the bitmap will be transparent, so if the bitmap is a solid colour then the whole area wilkl be transparent. However, buttons over the transparent area will show but not work.

However, buttons over the transparent area will show but not work.

Is this true even if you use GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) for the transparent background?

I know that a normal background image blocks the button actions unless it's disabled. Maybe it's the same situation.