Running AutoITv3 from USB without using SCiTE

Hi,

Just new to AutoIT and was searching for a way to get it running from USB drive.

I have found a topic about it ( http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...amp;#entry64536 ) but that is in combination with SCiTE, i'm using my own editor so don't need SCiTE.

Now i wanted to know what things i DO need from SCiTE and how to make AutoIT itself portable?

Edited by schumi

• Developers

The thread you point to contains a script I started at that time to easily set the registry and run from the USB drive. Just update it to use your own preferred editor and yo0u should be in business. :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 1 year later...

The thread you point to contains a script I started at that time to easily set the registry and run from the USB drive. Just update it to use your own preferred editor and yo0u should be in business. :D

I don't have admin rights coz I'm an automated tester - is there a way to run and debug it from usb?

• Developers

I don't have admin rights coz I'm an automated tester - is there a way to run and debug it from usb?

Talk to your PC support folks if you want a proper answer to this question, but when an USB drive is allowed then you can very likely run AutoIt scripts from it.

The only issue you could have is that au3 isn't associated with autoit3.exe which means you need to put the command in a batch file or something.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

For file associations you can look here: http://portableapps.com/node/15583

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes