How to kill Critical processes

• Developers

I'm sorry, guys, I don't want to be offensive but in the original post the person asks a simple question (maybe it's not that easy to answer his question without a solid knowledge of AutoIt processes, but it is "simple" in the sense that it's a question which requires a simple and distinguishable answer. That's it!). But you start discussion on COMPLETELY different things (sorry for my English!). Instead of helping the person you guide him in the wrong direction and confuse the users who also try to find an answer. That's already happened to me as well :lmao:

Let me try to help, if I can. Maybe you write a simple batch file to force kill the task (cmd.exe -> taskkill /f /im smss.exe) and then run it through Run or ShellExecute command (whichever works) from within AutoIt script? Sorry, if this doesn't work but I'm trying to help you out :)

PS: May I suggest the administrators to sub-divide the forum into more specific forum categories instead of e.g. General Help & Support. The reason is the forum space is quite crowded and receives tens of new posts and topics every hour maybe. Therefore, those who seek an answer (mostly an easy one for experts users), their posts get missed in this crowd. This happens to me also! Thank you very much for understanding!

Not a great way to introduce yourself here....

I am not even going to try to comment on what you wrote.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)