scheduled script halts behind windows screen lock

Hello All

I have an v3 script that runs perfect when I am logged in and running it from the desktop. When I try and run this script thru a scheduled task at night behind the windows screen lock...I get in in the morning, unlock the screen and the script has halted in the middle of the script. This script is controling a gui encryption application, encrypting a file, and sending the file to a user.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks..

I believe anything that requires GUI interaction cannot run if the window isn't accessible (ie. locked desktop). I'd recommend looking for commandline parameters for the Encryption tool. How are you "sending" the file?

Edited by spudw2k

Hello All

I have an v3 script that runs perfect when I am logged in and running it from the desktop. When I try and run this script thru a scheduled task at night behind the windows screen lock...I get in in the morning, unlock the screen and the script has halted in the middle of the script. This script is controling a gui encryption application, encrypting a file, and sending the file to a user.

I believe there is an option you have to choose when scheduling a task to run only when logged in or run always. Check the setting for the task.

• Moderators

Hello All

Although some of us have gotten pretty good at reading encrypted posts to find solutions, not many of us are actually mind readers.

Typically when posting an issue, you would post the actual code that is failing...

However, lets see if I can tune into your brain waves a bit....

[Time lapses]

Ok, here's a guess, because, I can't get a strong enough connection.

Seems you are hard coding your paths to the files you want to interact with.

In other words (an example only):Run("myscript.exe");Telling the script to run from its current file location

When maybe you should do:Run('"' & @DesktopDir & 'myscript.exe"');Being specific on the location of the files it has to interact with.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I believe anything that requires GUI interaction cannot run if the window isn't accessible (ie. locked desktop). I'd recommend looking for commandline parameters for the Encryption tool. How are you "sending" the file?

Unfortunately this Encryption App. (the preferred one here..abicoder) does not have a commandline interface. I am sending the encrypted file thru a commandline mailer towards the end of the autoit script.

Although some of us have gotten pretty good at reading encrypted posts to find solutions, not many of us are actually mind readers.

Typically when posting an issue, you would post the actual code that is failing...

However, lets see if I can tune into your brain waves a bit....

[Time lapses]

Ok, here's a guess, because, I can't get a strong enough connection.

Seems you are hard coding your paths to the files you want to interact with.

In other words (an example only):Run("myscript.exe");Telling the script to run from its current file location

When maybe you should do:Run('"' & @DesktopDir & 'myscript.exe"');Being specific on the location of the files it has to interact with.

It is not a file location issue because the gui starts up fine and locates the file thru the automated keystrokes to a point but does not finish the automated keystrokes like when logged in.... Attached is the code...thanks..

Test_Encrypt.au3