Script is removed by AVG antivirus...

Friends updated version of AVG anti virus removes my script........i have written a script to automate the installation of NOD32 anti virus and give that to my friend.....at my friend's home he has updated AVG anti virus that removes my script (*.exe) and says that it is potentially unwanted.....friends please help me how to get rid from this condition.....if this happens always than there is no use of Autoit Scripting.....Please Help.....

2, have a look at this topic http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34658

if your program is useful and may be popular, i think they can make an updated for missdetect

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

Friends updated version of AVG anti virus removes my script........i have written a script to automate the installation of NOD32 anti virus and give that to my friend.....at my friend's home he has updated AVG anti virus that removes my script (*.exe) and says that it is potentially unwanted.....friends please help me how to get rid from this condition.....if this happens always than there is no use of Autoit Scripting.....Please Help.....

"Potentially unwanted" is an accurate description. It's an executable that makes changes to the system, and so might be "unwanted". The user should be able to ignore the warning and run it anyway (or recover it from Quarantine) if he trusts you and the file.

That's not the same thing as a false positive, where it would indicate infection with a specific virus or trojan that wasn't actually present. In that case, you should report the false positive to AVG and they will update their definitions.

What the heck? There is always use for AutoIt.

Let me see, what about posting the script?

Why? What relevance does the actual content of the script have to the topic? It may have been flagged "Potentially unwanted" just because it's a .exe file. False positives with AutoIt scripts tend to come just from the fact that they are packed with UPX. The actual content of the script is rarely an issue in conflicts with AV software.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Why? What relevance does the actual content of the script have to the topic? It may have been flagged "Potentially unwanted" just because it's a .exe file. False positives with AutoIt scripts tend to come just from the fact that they are packed with UPX. The actual content of the script is rarely an issue in conflicts with AV software.

:)

So someone of us could make is "undetectable", I thought. That is what I do when it gets flagged.

I see now that my post looks kind of dumb ;)

I just didnt really believe in what he was saying.

Why would he need to automate an install of another anti-virus if he already has AVG installed? If he's switching anti-virus software, he should uninstall AVG first I think.

True, I think it is kind of wierd.

@jangidsushil

What I should do (if I havent the source):

Try to compile the source without UPX or hexediting (try XVI32) the UPX, UPX1 & UPX2 parts in the file to for example ABC, ABC1 & ABC2 so the program doesnt get that it is directly from UPX.

Edited by LinuZ

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe this has something to do with me having emailed a decompiled AutoIt virus to AVG. They confirmed it was a new virus and they added it to their list of detected viruses. I picked it up in an internet cafe in Laos with my USB stick and recently came across it or a similar one here in Thailand.

For your amusement, here is the source:

*snipped*

Edited by SmOke_N
Idiot posted something stupid

Please remove that malicous script immediately.

Before a moderator see's this code.

If a moderator see's that code most likely your going to be taking a trip elsewhere.

Edited by R6V2

• Moderators

I was only going to increase your warning level Beddhist, but after reviewing the code again, I will hopefully stop the idiot train here. If you don't have enough common sense to send that to a Moderator/Developer regardless of how many posts you have... you don't need to be a part of this forum at all.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.