Is it a bug, or what's wrong?

Moin, moin... ;)

I wrote a program, which is working perfect with every OS, as yet. But now I wanted to use it on a vista based winpe environment and it does not work :) Is there somebody who know about that and maybe got an idea to fix that problem, or it is not yet well-known? For your understanding is a screenshut an attachment. I can't imagine, that it should be a mistake in my code.

Thank you everybody for help

Greets Rudika

post-9931-1205259953_thumb.jpg

[font="Comic Sans Ms"][center]Powered by AutoIt3http://www.wik-eric.de/zips/Synchro2.2.2-4free.zip[/center][/font]

Sorry, once more, moin moin... ;D

hmmm... :) I realy don't understand that reservation. While I looked for an answer in our forum, I found a second post which advert to that failure.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=369806

So it looks like a bug. In the threat of this post is also a code posted, which use "FileSelctFolder", too. I'd copied it, and tried it with my WinPE 2.0 (Vista based), and what happened??? The same result! An empty window is opened. I don' want to believe that nobody else has tested that fuction, or did realy nobody else got that failure, then Ghuul and me???

But then I ask me, what's wrong with my WinPE? Did I forget to include some DLLs in my PE-environment. Maybe someone has an idea to give me. I realy would be glad if we get a solution for it. I would like to make perfect working programs for every case, or you not?

Thanks a lot!

Greets Rudika

Edited by rudika

[font="Comic Sans Ms"][center]Powered by AutoIt3http://www.wik-eric.de/zips/Synchro2.2.2-4free.zip[/center][/font]

Sadly, AutoIt is not yet FULLY compatible with vista, not sure exactly when AutoIt will come out with a vista version. They don't even have a linux version. :) Sorry for this inconvience, although there might not be a fix right now, maybe in the future.

Sadly, AutoIt is not yet FULLY compatible with vista, not sure exactly when AutoIt will come out with a vista version.

That statement is rather vague and IMHO has little merit.

They don't even have a linux version.

Use Wine if you want basic use. Remember that Linux is not Windows!

@rudika

M$ has always seemed to give WinPE limited features. BartPE gave extra features to an alternate version based on WinPE. WinPE2 seems lacking with features as of posts that I have seen. Adding the Dlls that AutoIt needs to the WinPE2 system directory may help solve the problem.

:)